When interest in the VP choice started heating up, the old post was hijacked by rhetoric, with other posters combating the rhetoric and posting their facts, all but abandoning the topic.
Kids, can we keep this one on topic? Your choice for VP and why, your prediction and why.
Your opinion about Obama being a Kenyan Muslim Fascist Socialist belongs in another place, feel free to start a new post. Likewise, your opinion about Mitt Romney being an out-of-touch, failed politician, Thurston Howell III comments belong elsewhere.
Electoral math? Great idea! Start a new post. Latest news not involving a VP choice? Ditto.
Original thread: Web Link Where did you go, Emerle?
Candidates already mentioned:
- Condi Rice
- Jeb Bush
- Marco Rubio
- Chris Christie
- New Hampshire Sen. Kelly Ayotte
- Ohio Sen. Rob Portman
- New Mexico Gov. Susana Martinez
- North Dakota Sen. John Thune
- Wisconsin Rep. Paul Ryan
- Virginia Gov. Bob McDonnell
- Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul
- Former Sen. Rick Santorum
- Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal
- Indiana Gov. Mitch Daniels
- South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley
- National security stretches, such as Gen Patreus
- Longshots Tim Pawlenty, Jon Huntsman, Trump, Bachmann, Perry, Cain, Gingrich (a million-to-one)
- - - - - - - - - - -
My preference = Portman, to help in Ohio (The GOP requires both Fl and OH, can't win without both; the GOP will have to depend on money and popular entrenched local leaders to carry FL - Rubio and Jeb Bush)
My bet, if I had to wager = Rubio or Christie, probably the senator, to lock down Florida
The rest wither don't help in key states, carry too much baggage, or are aren't interested (Bush, Rice, etc..)
Have at it. It's NOT the 'biggest election in our lifetime'. Maybe 2008 was. Maybe 2016 will be. Every election can't be calle the Biggest, unless you own a network and our pumping for ratings.