Town Square

Post a New Topic

Atherton targets road, drainage fixes

Original post made on Jul 21, 2008

Atherton will trim one police officer position, but the town is poised to pull off a balanced budget with a particularly large sum going toward capital improvements, such as road and drainage projects.

Read the full story here Web Link posted Saturday, July 19, 2008, 9:51 AM

Comments (3)

Like this comment
Posted by laughing
a resident of another community
on Jul 21, 2008 at 5:15 pm

Atherton could dump the entire pd and still not miss a one of less "cop" to pick up newspapers. The horrors!! The town could save sooo much money if they used the Sheriff's Offices for services. Better resources and a whole lot more experience. The reason they send these "cops" to out of jurisdiction gang and drug task forces is because there is absolutly nothing to do within there own borders except to arrest drunk drivers in menlo and county areas. If they give them something to do for a while they might not apply elsewhere like 90% of them do...the other 10% are not hireable anywhere else. I know...I applied out years ago and went to a real agency with real crime. It is a pathetic organization.

Like this comment
Posted by disappointed
a resident of Portola Valley: Central Portola Valley
on Jul 22, 2008 at 9:16 pm

Hey Laughing, is there some good reason why you feel the need to bash Atherton PD every time there is an article on the police department? You are one angry human being. What point are you trying to make by personally attacking the "other 10% that are not hireable anywhere else?" Does it make you feel better to be a jerk to a bunch of people that you don't even know?

You are correct...90% of the people did leave at one point when things were bad, but you don't even know many of the people you are talking badly about.

This really bums me out because I have a pretty good idea who you are, and up until this point, I really looked up to you. I pray to god that this post did not come from you because I cannot even fathom what kind of a professional public servant would go on a public forum and bash an organization that he still has FRIENDS at. Are we in the third grade?

Act your age.

Like this comment
Posted by laughing
a resident of another community
on Jul 24, 2008 at 10:53 pm

Oh Disapppointed...did I strike a nerve????? The truth hurts doesn't it? Atherton Police is a total joke. The only arrests made are out of jurisdiction and for drunk driving illegal immigrants. I KNOW...I used to work there!! Get off your high horse and admit what a joke the Atherton PD is!! A bunch of over paid "security officers" real cop works for that agency. I can speak from personal experience...cops get their "basic" post certificate and move on to a real agency...I did. I am ashamed to admit where I started my career but proud to say I have moved on to a real police agency with real crime. Get a grip are clearly one of the ones who was not hireable by any other agency...have fun picking up newspapers and shutting off ovens and leaky water pipes!!! I know exactly what your job description is...coddling the rich and letting the Atherton resident go with a is the order that will always need to reflect on what you are looking at for a career!

Don't miss out on the discussion!
Sign up to be notified of new comments on this topic.


Post a comment

Posting an item on Town Square is simple and requires no registration. Just complete this form and hit "submit" and your topic will appear online. Please be respectful and truthful in your postings so Town Square will continue to be a thoughtful gathering place for sharing community information and opinion. All postings are subject to our TERMS OF USE, and may be deleted if deemed inappropriate by our staff.

We prefer that you use your real name, but you may use any "member" name you wish.

Name: *

Select your neighborhood or school community: * Not sure?

Comment: *

Verification code: *
Enter the verification code exactly as shown, using capital and lowercase letters, in the multi-colored box.

*Required Fields

Fu Lam Mum shutters temporarily in Mountain View
By Elena Kadvany | 5 comments | 3,335 views

How Does Silicon Valley’s Culture Affect Your Marriage?
By Chandrama Anderson | 0 comments | 748 views


Readers' Choice ballot is here

It’s time to decide what local business is worthy of the title “Almanac Readers' Choice” — and you get to decide! Cast your ballot online. Voting ends May 29th. Stay tuned for the results in the July 19th issue of The Almanac.