• Someone knocked the head off a 4-foot-tall hand-made Easter bunny sitting in the front yard of a residence on Glenwood Avenue and left the remains in a ditch across the street, March 27. Estimated damage: $300.
• Two vehicles with windows smashed but nothing missing from inside were found parked at the Park-and-Ride at Woodside Road and Interstate 280, March 27.
Residential burglary report: Six teens in a green or blue BMW were seen leaving the driveway of a home under construction on Las Pulgas Drive. A check of the premises showed no damage to the interior of the house, but a smell of "burnt marijuana" inside the pool house. The door to a construction container outside has been forced open, March 31.
• Someone shattered a vehicle's driver's side window and mirror at a home on Willowbrook Drive, with estimated damage of $1,000. A couple of blocks further on, a mailbox had been knocked to the ground for a loss estimated at $900, March 27.
• Someone damaged a key pad for an automatic gate in Westridge Drive.
WEST MENLO PARK
Residential burglary report: Someone entered a Sterling Avenue home through a downstairs bedroom, damaging the window blinds, and stole jewelry and cash of an as yet undetermined value, March 25.
• A resident of Gloria Circle reported losses estimated at $13,000 in stolen jewelry during October and November of 2012, April 3.
• Thieves have taken ballerina slippers, a men's watch, gold cuff links and a clutch purse from a residence on Trinity Drive for a total estimated loss of $8,700, April 4.
• Thieves at a Klamath Drive home stole designer prescription sunglasses from an unlocked vehicle and a GPS device, prescription eyeglasses, a phone charger and sunglasses from a locked vehicle after picking up the keys to the second vehicle from inside the first, April 4.
• A video surveillance camera showed three unidentified suspects involved in the theft of 11 bottled alcoholic beverages from Draeger's Supermarket at 1010 University Drive, March 29.
• Someone stole a cellphone with an estimated value of $600 from a desk at Belle Haven School at 415 Ivy Drive, April 3.
• A locked 21-speed mountain bike worth about $250 was stolen from the 400 block of El Camino Real, April 1.
Residential burglary report: Someone entered an underground carport on Menlo Avenue and stole a motorcycle cover, toolkit and tool bag for a total estimated loss of $500, April 1.
Auto burglary report: Someone broke a window to a locked vehicle parked on Marsh Road and stole a purse containing a wallet, makeup bag and $400 in cash for a total estimated loss of $1,468, March 29.
Brandishing a weapon report: A man described as possibly homeless, in his 50s, riding a bicycle, wearing a dirty-looking brown leather hat decorated with an eagle, and carrying a "man purse" reportedly brandished a handgun at someone on Terminal Avenue and left the scene on his bike, March 31.
Stolen vehicle report: Black 2000 Big Tex 10-foot utility trailer from 3600 block of Haven Avenue and valued at $950, March 29.
Hit and run report: Gold 2002 Lexus RX300, reported stolen, was found abandoned and smashed into a tree on Trinity Drive in Sharon Heights with a broken rear axle and damage to the front bumper and the left side, April 3.
This story contains 617 words.
Stories older than 90 days are available only to subscribing members. Please help sustain quality local journalism by becoming a subscribing member today.
If you are already a subscriber, please log in so you can continue to enjoy unlimited access to stories and archives. Subscriptions start at $5 per month and may be cancelled at any time.