Residential burglary reports:
• Someone removed the screen and louvered glass from a rear door on a Skywood Way home, broke into the home and stole jewelry, a watch and a laptop computer, a total loss estimated at $34,500. March 24.
• Someone entered a home on Fox Hill Road by breaking in through a window on a rear door. The home was staged for sale. The only item reported stolen was water that the suspect had used in the bathroom. March 24.
Report of terrorist threats: A teacher at Woodside High School reported receiving a threatening email message from someone who claimed not to have written it. Investigators and the school district's Internet technology department are working on the incident. March 24.
Residential burglary report: Someone entered a home on Mapache Drive while the owner was away and stole jewelry valued at about $410. March 25.
Commercial burglary reports:
• The door of a locked carport storage locker on Monte Rosa Drive was found pried open and several tools stolen, a loss of about $500. April 3.
• Two people left the Safeway supermarket on Sharon Park Drive with $250 worth of baby formula without having paid for it. April 3.
Strong-arm robbery report: A man near the corner of Newbridge Street and Willow Road was approached and robbed of $37 in cash that he was holding. He was not injured and the robber fled. March 22.
Auto burglary reports:
• A vehicle parked in the 200 block of El Camino Real was found with a window smashed and a briefcase, laptop computer and Apple iPad tablet computer stolen, a total loss of about $1,900. March 24.
• Seventeen badminton racquets were stolen from two vehicles parked in the 700 block of El Camino Real. Each vehicle had a smashed window. All told, a loss of about $710. March 27.
• Someone broke into a locked vehicle parked on Roble Avenue, rummaged through several compartments in the vehicle, and stole an $8 spare car key from the center console. March 22.
• Someone smashed a window of a vehicle parked in the 500 block of El Camino Real, but did not take anything from inside. March 24.
• Someone stole eight spools of copper wire, two gas cans and a weed whacker, a total loss of about $3,060, from an unlocked storage locker in the 2900 block of Sand Hill Road. March 27.
• A locked bicycle valued at $450 was stolen from the storage area of an apartment complex in the 1000 block of Santa Cruz Avenue. April 2.
• Someone stole a toolbox and tools, a $400 loss, from an unlocked carport closet on Monte Rosa Drive. March 27.
• Items worth about $200 were stolen, without forced entry, from a vehicle parked on Roble Avenue. April 3.
• A Palo Alto woman was arrested on theft charges for allegedly stealing $85 in goods from the Safeway supermarket at 525 El Camino Real. The goods were returned. March 26.
• A man allegedly tried to return items he had allegedly stolen from Unleashed by Petco at 515 El Camino Real, but when the attempt proved unsuccessful, he fled the store with the items before police arrived. March 22.
• Police cited a youth on charges of stealing two bottles of hairspray from the Safeway on Sharon Park Drive. The hairspray was returned. March 31.
Fraud report: Someone "got nervous" when attempting to cash a $900 fraudulent check at a bank in the 600 block of Santa Cruz Avenue and left the bank without cashing it. March 22.
This story contains 620 words.
Stories older than 90 days are available only to subscribing members. Please help sustain quality local journalism by becoming a subscribing member today.
If you are already a subscriber, please log in so you can continue to enjoy unlimited access to stories and archives. Subscriptions start at $5 per month and may be cancelled at any time.