• Someone made off with a 10-carat gold, 13-inch necklace consisting of seven 18-carat gold links and eight oval-shaped stones set in 14-carat gold, a total loss of about $1,100 from a home on Selby Lane. Jan. 23.
• Another theft involving an $1,100 loss occurred on Atherton Avenue, where someone absconded with 11 lengths of stucco wire. Jan. 22.
Auto burglary report: An $1,800 laptop computer is missing from a locked vehicle that had been parked on Fernside Street and found with a smashed window. Jan. 9.
Traffic accident report: A man driving toward the intersection of Canada and Woodside roads reached down to the floor of his vehicle to pick up a hearing aid he had dropped and was unable to stop in time to avoid rear-ending the stopped vehicle in front of him, which then rear-ended the vehicle in front of it. There were no injuries. Jan. 15.
Residential burglary reports:
• A doggie door may have been the way a burglar entered a Harmon Drive home and stole $110 in cash and about $62,000 in jewelry, including watches, bracelets, rings and necklaces. Jan. 20.
• Police arrested Menlo Park residents Ivan Hernandez Morales and Eduardo ChipresRosales, both 19, on suspicion of burglary. The pair allegedly entered a Hollyburne Avenue residence through an open bedroom window, took two tablet computers, and left the scene in a vehicle that was later stopped by police. The tablets were recovered. Jan. 20.
Auto burglary reports:
• Someone smashed the passenger side window of a vehicle parked in the 500 block of El Camino Real and stole a computer bag containing a computer, checkbook, two Model 5S Apple iPhones, a charging cord, Bose headphones, medication and documents, about $3,640 in total losses. Jan. 13.
• A vehicle parked in the 1100 block of Willow Road was found with a dismantled door lock and the absence of $3,328 worth of tools, including a vacuum cleaner, tile saw, three grinders, a drill with two batteries and a charger, a tool box, drill bits and a circular saw. Jan. 22.
• A vehicle parked on Coleman Avenue is missing $30 in cash, jewelry, a make-up bag and a phone charger for a $180 loss. It's unclear how the burglar got into the vehicle. Jan. 15.
• In another case that same day of mysterious means of entry of a vehicle parked on Coleman Avenue, someone stole a GPS device and its charging cord, a loss of about $125. Jan. 15.
• Police arrested a former cashier and receptionist at iBar, an eyebrow shaping salon on Santa Cruz Avenue, on suspicion of embezzling about $3,000 in cash. Jan. 13.
• A wallet containing $100 in cash, credit cards and a driver's license is missing from an unattended diaper bag at the Arrilaga Family Gym on Alma Street. The total loss is $459. Jan. 16.
• A $250 Razor electric scooter secured with a bike lock under a carport on Coleman Place is missing. Jan. 21.
• A $249 bicycle locked under an apartment building carport on Coleman Place is missing. Jan. 21.
• Someone entered an unlocked car parked at Gilbert and Menalto avenues and stole a wallet containing a driver's license, $60 in cash and about $100 in gift cards for a $226 total loss. Jan. 14.
• A swimmer at the Burgess Park public pool is missing an Apple iPod and its waterproof case, believed to be stolen from the pool deck for a total loss of $185. Jan. 22.
• A video surveillance camera captured the image of an unidentified man entering the Safeway supermarket on Sharon Park Drive and leaving with four boxes of nutrition bars, a $60 value, that he did not pay for. Jan. 15.
• Investigators are looking into a case in which someone walked out of the Safeway supermarket on Sharon Park Drive with "an unknown amount of stolen groceries." Jan. 15.
• Someone rummaged through the glove compartment of a vehicle parked on Campbell Lane and stole $50 in cash. It's unknown how the thief gained entrance. Jan. 14.
• Someone stole sandals and a container of lotion from the shower area of the locker room at the Burgess Park swimming pool, a $47 loss. Jan. 22.
• A man walked into a dressing room at the Goodwill store on Santa Cruz Avenue with articles of clothing and three books, then walked out of the store with the items in his possession but without having paid for them, a $29 loss. Jan. 16.
• A man without a receipt attempted to return medicine to the Sharon Park Drive Safeway supermarket, but the medicine had not been purchased at Safeway. He left before police arrived. Jan. 11.
• Police made an arrest in a case of unauthorized cutting of branches from Eucalyptus trees on a property in the first block of Middlefield Road. Jan. 18.
Traffic accident report: A 62-year-old Foster City man driving a black Mercedes at a "low rate of speed" struck a 41-year-old woman from Menlo Park while she was in the crosswalk at Ravenswood Avenue and Alma Street. Medics took the woman to the hospital with complaints of pain to her foot. Jan. 15.
Fraud report: A man walked into the U.S. Bank at 1105 El Camino Real and cashed a bad check for $948, then walked out. The bank is investigating. Jan. 17.
Stolen vehicle report: Someone stole a white Honda CRF450 motorcycle from a carport on Waverley Street. Jan. 19.
This story contains 926 words.
Stories older than 90 days are available only to subscribing members. Please help sustain quality local journalism by becoming a subscribing member today.
If you are already a subscriber, please log in so you can continue to enjoy unlimited access to stories and archives. Subscriptions start at $5 per month and may be cancelled at any time.