Services are usually limited on Memorial Day, but under the coronavirus pandemic, these are not normal times. Check out our list of what's closed, what services will be available, how transit agencies have modified schedules and what virtual events are scheduled to mark the federal holiday this Monday, May 25.
• Caltrain: Caltrain will operate on a Sunday schedule on May 25. The Sunday schedule has not been adjusted since COVID-19. Face covering is required. For the weekend timetable, visit caltrain.com.
• Santa Clara Valley Transportation Authority: VTA will operate on a reduced Sunday/holiday schedule on May 25. Face covering is required. Fares are not being collected during this time. To see which routes are operational, visit vta.org.
• SamTrans: SamTrans will operate on a Sunday schedule on May 25. For the updated weekend timetable, visit samtrans.com.
Federal, state offices:
• U.S. Postal Service: Postal Service facilities will be closed, including Atherton's contract post office. There will be no residential or business deliveries except for Priority Mail Express. Normal delivery and pick-up services will resume May 26.
• Candlelight vigil: The Stanford University community is honoring alumni who have died while serving the U.S. military from the Spanish War to the present. Military veterans of Stanford University will read aloud the names of those who are honored on the plaques in Memorial Auditorium and in Memorial Court. Use the link at events.stanford.edu.
Do you want to see your Memorial Day event featured on this list? Send an email with a description of the event to email@example.com.