These reports are from the Menlo Park and Atherton police departments and the San Mateo County Sheriff's Office. Under the law, people charged with offenses are considered innocent unless convicted. Police received the reports on the dates shown.
Spousal abuse: During an argument, a transient struck a woman in the head, poured beer on her and stole her purse at Safeway in the 500 block of El Camino Real. The suspect was located by officers and booked into San Mateo County Jail. Jan. 5.
Drunk driving: An Alameda man was behind the wheel of a vehicle and displayed signs of intoxication after being stopped in traffic in the 200 block of Willow Road. He was arrested and booked into San Mateo County Jail. Jan. 5.
• The driver of a truck reported that his gas pedal became stuck and he lost control and ran into a fence in the 300 block of O'Connor Street. Jan. 4.
• The driver of a Toyota was heading northbound on University Drive and stopped at the stop sign at the intersection of Middle Avenue. She proceeded northbound on University when the driver of a Chevrolet allegedly collided with her car. She was transported to the hospital after complaining of leg pains. Dec. 31.
• The driver of a Toyota stopped at a stop sign westbound on Santa Cruz Avenue at Cotton Street when when she collided with a Subaru that didn't yield. There were no injuries. Dec. 30.
• Someone smashed the window of a vehicle in the 300 block of Felton Drive. Nothing was reported taken. Jan. 3.
• Someone smashed the window of a vehicle in the 800 block of Laurel Avenue. Nothing was reported taken. Jan. 3.
• Six separate auto burglaries were reported in the 100 block of Seminary Drive with miscellaneous items taken. Jan. 2.
Grand theft: Unknown individuals entered Beverages & More in the 700 block of El Camino Real and stole several bottles of high-end liquor for a loss of $2,150 and then fled in an SUV. Jan 2.
• Someone entered an unlocked vehicle in the 00 block of Lorelei Drive and stole a pair of Air Pods valued at $100. Jan. 1.
• Someone entered an unlocked vehicle in the 00 block of Lorelei Drive and stole miscellaneous items. Jan. 1.
• Someone entered an unlocked vehicle in the 00 block of Lorelei Drive and stole $60 from the glove box. Jan. 1.
Exhibition of speed: San Jose man was arrested, cited and released after being seen taking part in a speed contest at Middlefield Road and Linfield Drive. Jan. 1.
Drug activity: A San Jose man was arrested for being in possession of methamphetamine in the 3700 block of Haven Avenue after being stopped for a traffic violation. He was booked into San Mateo County Jail. Jan. 1.
Hit and run with property damage: The driver of an Acura was driving westbound on Willow Road when she saw a white car sideswipe the front of her car. She pulled over but the white car continued straight without stopping. There were no injuries. Dec. 31.
Warrant arrest: A Redwood City man was arrested, cited and released on a $9,000 warrant on a promise to appear in court. Dec. 31.
Burglary: An unknown individual broke into a residence through the garage that is connected to the main residence in the 1200 block of N. Lemon Avenue and stole a $100 bill that was in the kitchen. Nothing else was taken. Dec. 30.
Driving with a suspended license:
• A San Jose man was cited at the intersection of Alpine Road and Highway 280 after being stopped in traffic. He was released on a promise to appear. Jan. 8.
• A San Jose woman was cited in the 1800 block of Alameda de Las Pulgas after being stopped in traffic. She was released on a promise to appear. Jan. 5.
Traffic accident: A tow truck driver notified law enforcement that a driver requested that her vehicle be towed out of an embankment in the 800 block of La Honda Road. Upon arrival, sheriff's deputies found that the driver, a Menlo Park woman, was showing signs of being under the influence of alcohol. The driver was a solo occupant of the vehicle and was uninjured. She was arrested and booked into San Mateo County Jail. Jan. 3.
Warrant arrest: A Newark man was arrested for an outstanding felony warrant with the sheriff's department. He was arrested and booked into San Mateo County Jail. Jan. 1.