News

New Menlo school district preschool still has openings

Early Learning Center opens on lower Laurel School campus in August

The new Menlo Park City School District preschool that will open at Laurel School Lower Campus in Atherton in August still has some openings for both full-day and afternoon-only students.

Director Jessica Mihaly says the district's Early Learning Center has openings for children born between Sept. 1, 2013, and Dec. 1, 2015. She says the center's mission is "to nurture young children’s curiosity, sense of wonder, belonging, and deep engagement with the world around them, preparing them to develop the critical skills needed to enter kindergarten and reach their full potential."

Each classroom will have 22 students and a lead teacher, assistant teacher and preschool aide. Full-day classes will run 7:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. and afternoon classes are 1:30 to 5 p.m. (with care available until 6 p.m.)

To assist those who may need help the most, the district plans to subsidize tuition for 25 percent of the preschoolers on a sliding scale based on family income. The other 75 percent of students will pay market-rate tuition, which is expected to cover all the preschool's operating costs. (At this point, the subsidized spots are filled, according to the district.)

The district's website has more information; or contact Jessica Mihaly at [email protected] or 321-7140, ext. 8900.

What's local journalism worth to you?

Support Almanac Online for as little as $5/month.

Learn more

--

• See an earlier Almanac story:

Starting off right

Stay informed

Get daily headlines sent straight to your inbox.

Sign up

Follow AlmanacNews.com and The Almanac on Twitter @almanacnews, Facebook and on Instagram @almanacnews for breaking news, local events, photos, videos and more.

New Menlo school district preschool still has openings

Early Learning Center opens on lower Laurel School campus in August

by / Almanac

Uploaded: Wed, May 23, 2018, 11:17 am

The new Menlo Park City School District preschool that will open at Laurel School Lower Campus in Atherton in August still has some openings for both full-day and afternoon-only students.

Director Jessica Mihaly says the district's Early Learning Center has openings for children born between Sept. 1, 2013, and Dec. 1, 2015. She says the center's mission is "to nurture young children’s curiosity, sense of wonder, belonging, and deep engagement with the world around them, preparing them to develop the critical skills needed to enter kindergarten and reach their full potential."

Each classroom will have 22 students and a lead teacher, assistant teacher and preschool aide. Full-day classes will run 7:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. and afternoon classes are 1:30 to 5 p.m. (with care available until 6 p.m.)

To assist those who may need help the most, the district plans to subsidize tuition for 25 percent of the preschoolers on a sliding scale based on family income. The other 75 percent of students will pay market-rate tuition, which is expected to cover all the preschool's operating costs. (At this point, the subsidized spots are filled, according to the district.)

The district's website has more information; or contact Jessica Mihaly at [email protected] or 321-7140, ext. 8900.

--

• See an earlier Almanac story:

Starting off right

Comments

Post a comment

Sorry, but further commenting on this topic has been closed.