News

Those were the days

 

First purchased as a summer home by Edgar Mills in 1880, this 21-room mansion was remodeled by the San Francisco banker, who subdivided and sold off much of the surrounding land in what is now downtown Menlo Park.

The Noel Drive property was converted into a restaurant in the 1940s and later became the Bright Eagle antique shop.

It currently houses office spaces.

Comments

Like this comment
Posted by randy albin
a resident of another community
on Jan 7, 2014 at 3:04 pm

those really were the old days. these people would be completely shocked by what has become of the peninsula. it is the region of the wealthy and nothing but the wealthy. become human-beings such as what people were in yesteryear


Posted by Name hidden
a resident of Menlo Park: Suburban Park/Lorelei Manor/Flood Park Triangle

on Aug 31, 2017 at 4:48 pm

Due to repeated violations of our Terms of Use, comments from this poster are automatically removed. Why?


Posted by Name hidden
a resident of Menlo Park: Suburban Park/Lorelei Manor/Flood Park Triangle

on Sep 5, 2017 at 1:53 pm

Due to repeated violations of our Terms of Use, comments from this poster are automatically removed. Why?


Sorry, but further commenting on this topic has been closed.

Burger chain Shake Shack to open in Palo Alto
By Elena Kadvany | 10 comments | 3,380 views

Eat, Surf, Love
By Laura Stec | 4 comments | 1,151 views

Couples: So You Married Mom or Dad . . .
By Chandrama Anderson | 1 comment | 1,104 views

The Cost of Service
By Aldis Petriceks | 1 comment | 757 views

One-on-one time
By Cheryl Bac | 0 comments | 159 views