Police CallsThis information is from the Menlo Park Police Department and the San Mateo County Sheriff''s Office. Under the law, people charged with offenses are considered innocent until convicted.
Residential burglary reports:
• Someone kicked in the side door of a residence on Blueridge Avenue in Sharon Heights and stole miscellaneous jewelry with an estimated value of $6,500, Feb. 22.
• Someone forced open a side door to a residential garage on Siskiyou Drive and stole miscellaneous jewelry with an estimated value of $5,100, Feb. 15.
Auto burglary reports:
• A locked vehicle on Marsh Road was broken into and someone stole a purse, Apple iPod, wallet, sunglasses, makeup and jacket for losses estimated at $1,000, Feb. 20.
• Items were "moved around" but there were no losses after someone entered a vehicle on Marmona Drive, Feb. 15.
• Someone stole three locked bicycles from a Coleman Avenue apartment patio for a total loss estimated at $1,750, Feb. 19.
• Five wheels with a total estimated value of $1,000 are missing from the back of a pickup truck on Woodland Avenue, Feb. 15.
• Someone stole a purse containing a cell phone and credit cards from the Rosewood Sand Hill hotel on Sand Hill Road for losses estimated at $829, Feb. 21.
• A bicycle and attached trailer secured with a cable lock and with an estimated value of $529 are missing from a carport on Coleman Place, Feb. 15.
• A woman reported that someone stole her cell phone from a shopping cart while at Safeway supermarket at 525 El Camino Real for a loss estimated at $500, Feb. 17.
• Someone stole a bicycle locked to an apartment carport on Coleman Avenue for an estimated loss of $500, Feb. 19.
• An undisclosed amount of cash has gone missing from a locked cash box at the Mindfulness Center for Healing on University Drive, Feb. 20.
• Someone stole a package containing prescription eyeglasses valued at $140 and delivered to a door step on Peggy Lane, Feb. 20.
• Someone stole hub caps valued at $140 from a vehicle on Campbell Avenue, Feb. 21.
• An employee of the Palo Alto Humane Society Art Gallery on Santa Cruz Avenue had her wallet stolen from her open handbag while at work for a loss estimated at $77, Feb. 20.
Stolen vehicle reports:
• Green 1999 Dodge Ram pickup from Pierce Road, Feb. 18.
• Red Nissan Altima from Hamilton Court, Feb. 21.
Fraud report: Check bounced for goods valued at $625 and purchased at Ela Lingerie at 1139 Chestnut St., Feb. 21.
WEST MENLO PARK
Residential burglary report: Resident of Leland Avenue discovered back door had been forced open but reported nothing missing from the house, Feb. 20.
Theft report: A package delivered to the porch of a residence on Walnet Avenue is missing, Feb. 21.