Police CallsThis information is from the Menlo Park Police Department and the San Mateo County Sheriff''s Office. Under the law, people charged with offenses are considered innocent until convicted.
Residential burglary report: A purse and a stereo with a total estimated value of $160 are missing after someone kicked in a locked exterior door of a home on Hamilton Avenue on Feb. 12.
Auto burglary reports:
• Losses are estimated at $1,000 in the theft of two purses and $500 in cash from a locked vehicle entered by unknown means on Marsh Road on Feb. 10.
• A purse and miscellaneous contents valued at $329 is missing from a locked vehicle entered by unknown means on Terminal Avenue on Feb. 10.
• Someone smashed the passenger side windows of a vehicle on Glenwood Avenue and stole an Apple iPod, a Bluetooth device and a sports bag on Feb. 6 for an estimated loss of $300. A citizen reported hearing a car alarm and seeing someone fleeing the area, police said.
• Losses estimated at $548 in the theft of three sweaters from off their hangers at Afterwards, a used-clothing shop at 1159 El Camino Real on Feb. 12.
• A bike valued at $379 and locked to a pole at Doyle Street and Santa Cruz Avenue was reported stolen on Feb. 9.
• Losses were put at $113 in the theft of a wallet containing credit cards from an unlocked locker in a workplace on Constitution Drive on Feb. 8.
Fraud report: A woman from Hobart Street wired an unknown amount of money — possibly as much as $7,000 — to someone claiming to be her grandson and in jail in Mexico before learning that her grandson was not in Mexico and not in jail, according to a Feb. 8 police report.
WEST MENLO PARK
Fraud report: A woman on Valparaiso Avenue reported 14 fraudulent transactions, totaling $1,300, from her checking account on Feb. 13.
Theft report: Someone stole an unlocked bike valued at $500 from a bike rack at Canada College on Farm Hill Boulevard on Feb. 13.