Police CallsThis information is from the Menlo Park and Atherton police departments and the San Mateo County Sheriff''s Office. Under the law, people charged with offenses are considered innocent until convicted.
Theft report: Losses estimated at $23,900 in cashing of checks stolen from residence, La Mesa Drive, Jan. 17.
Residential burglary report: Losses estimated at $22,500 in theft of jewelry from drawer that also held, untouched, "a larger amount of cash," 3000 block of Sand Hill Road, Jan. 20.
Auto burglary report: Losses estimated at $3,000 in break-in through smashed window and theft of contents of locked cabinet and various tools from cargo area, Interstate 280 and Woodside Road, Jan. 16.
Theft report: Losses estimated at $8,000 in theft of GPS device from unlocked vehicle, Woodside and Moore roads, Jan. 16.
Vandalism report: Losses estimated at $1,000 in garden sculpture knocked over and broken, Runnymede Road, Jan. 20.
Auto burglary report: Losses estimated at $300 in break-in through smashed driver's side window and theft of purse, Windy Hill Open Space parking lot on Portola Road, Jan. 14.
Residential burglary report: Loss estimated at $50 in entry through unlocked rear door and theft of five bracelets and $25 gift certificate, Wallea Drive, Jan. 21.
Auto burglary reports:
• Losses estimated at $3,080 in break-in through smashed window and theft of two laptop computers and portable hard drive, 2700 block of Sand Hill Road, Jan. 17.
• Losses estimated $2,560 in break-in through smashed passenger side window and theft of six clocks and GPS device, Constitution Drive, Jan. 13.
• Losses estimated at $590 in break-in through smashed front window and theft of purse containing $150 in cash, passport and cell phone, Pierce Road, Jan. 14.
• Losses estimated at $1,000 in two break-ins through smashed windows and theft of two $500 stereo systems, Constitution Drive, Jan. 13.
• Losses estimated at $200 in theft of Apple iPhone from baby stroller, Alma At., Jan. 11.
• Nothing missing in break-in through use of door lock punch, Henderson Ave., Jan. 11.
• Losses estimated at $4,000 in theft from unlocked car of two bags of clothing and purse containing checkbook, credit card and unknown amount of cash, Altschul Ave. and Sharon Road, Jan. 15.
• Losses estimated at $500 in theft of two cell phones from open desk drawer, 100 block of Middlefield Road, Jan. 22.
• Losses estimated at $400 in theft of two bikes locked to gate in apartment complex garage, Oak Grove Ave., Jan. 15.
Domestic abuse report: Sevier Ave., Jan. 21.
Fraud reports: Loss valued at $900 in cashing of forged check, Bank of America at 633 Santa Cruz Ave., Jan. 14.
• Unknown losses in loss of wallet and debit card subsequently used to purchase gasoline, Hedge Road and Bay Road, Jan. 12.
Stolen vehicle reports:
• Silver/aluminum 2003 Lexus GX470, Sharon Park Drive, Jan. 16.
• Black 1998 Toyota Tercel, Ivy Drive, Jan. 16.