Police CallsThis information is from the Menlo Park and Atherton police departments and the San Mateo County Sheriff''s Office. Under the law, people charged with offenses are considered innocent until convicted.
Residential burglary report: Break-in to storage shed, Santa Margarita Ave., Jan. 7.
Auto burglary reports:
• Losses of at least $5,800 estimated in theft of three laptop computers from three vehicles entered primarily through smashed windows, 2800 block of Sand Hill Road, Jan. 7.
• Loss estimated at $300 in smashed front passenger side window and theft of iPhone, Van Buren Road, Jan. 10.
• Loss estimated at $3,000 in theft of unattended laptop computer, Peet's Coffee & Tea at 515 El Camino Real, Jan. 10.
• Cash in amount of $1,971.75 stolen from locked box, Job Train at 1200 O'Brien Drive, Jan. 7.
• Loss estimated $700 in theft of cellphone from desk, Merrill St., Jan. 8.
• Loss estimated at $600 in theft of unlocked bicycle from front porch, Mills St., Jan. 7.
• Loss estimated at $300 in theft of laptop computer from residence, Henderson Ave., Jan. 4.
• Loss estimated at $298 in theft of nightgown, Ela Lingerie at 1139 Chester St., Jan. 9.
• Loss estimated at $200 in theft of tablet computer, Carlton Ave., Jan. 9.
• Losses estimated at $2,650 in scam involving three wire transfers, 500 block of El Camino Real, Jan. 6.
• Losses estimated at $1,000 in scam in which victim paid online after caller pretended to be collection agent and threatened victim with arrest and loss of job over unpaid credit card bill, 500 block of El Camino Real, Jan. 10.
Domestic violence report: Middle Ave., Jan. 7.
Residential burglary report: Cords and wires stolen, Atherton Ave., Jan 4.