Police CallsThis information is from the Menlo Park police department and the San Mateo County Sheriff''s Office. Under the law, people charged with offenses are considered innocent until convicted.
Residential burglary reports:
• Losses estimated at $10,000 in theft of miscellaneous jewelry from unlocked residence, Oakwood Place, Dec. 23.
• Losses estimated at $1,350 in theft of two laptop computers and Apple iPod, Berkeley Ave., Dec. 24.
• Unknown losses in attempted theft of food and drink. Suspect arrested on charges that include second-degree burglary, impersonation and public intoxication, Draeger's Supermarket, 1010 University Drive, Dec. 21.
• Unknown losses when an attempted burglary was foiled when suspect broke window and was startled when confronted by resident who happened to be at home, Pope St., Dec. 21.
• Losses estimated at $255 in theft of cell phone from top of desk, Job Train at 1200 O'Brien Drive, Dec. 21.
• Losses estimated at $180 in theft of three packages delivered to front porch, including e-book cover, bike headlight and tennis shoes, Paulson Circle, Dec. 24.
• Losses estimated at $157 in theft of clothing in package delivered to front porch, Santa Monica Ave., Dec. 21.
Fraud report: Loss estimated at $200 in unauthorized use of ATM card, Laurel St., Dec. 22.
Stolen vehicle reports:
• Red Nissan from in front of Casino M8trx in San Jose, Newbridge At., Dec. 21.
• Green Saturn, Glenwood Ave., Dec. 21.
Residential burglary report: Arrest of juvenile with backpack and burglary tools after he confessed to sheriff's deputies that he had slipped into the house through a bedroom window and had been looking for objects of value, Woodside Road, Dec. 20.
Auto burglary report: Unknown losses in smashing of read driver's side window and theft of briefcase containing checkbook and copy of victim's passport, Sand Hill Road at Lawler Ranch Road, Dec. 22.
WEST MENLO PARK
Theft report: Losses estimated at $805 in theft of three packages delivered to doorstep of home, Altschul Ave., Dec. 22.