Police CallsThis information is from the Atherton and Menlo Park police departments and the San Mateo County Sheriff's Office. Under the law, people charged with offenses are considered innocent until convicted.
Residential burglary reports:
• Losses estimated at $2,000 in break-in and theft of birth certificates, insurance information and miscellaneous jewelry, Henderson Ave., April 6.
• Loss estimated at $1,200 in unforced entry through kitchen window and theft of laptop computer, Laurel St., April 11.
• Losses estimated at $900 in unforced entry through unlocked bedroom sliding door and theft of three Tiffany necklaces, Cotton St., April 16.
• Loss estimated at $100 in forced entry through unlocked window after cutting screen and theft of antique wedding band, Concord Drive, April 15.
Auto burglary reports:
• Loss estimated at $269 in slashing of convertible roof and theft of tripod and flashlight from vehicle trunk, Sharon Park Drive, April 6.
• Loss estimated at $20 in entry through unlocked door and theft of cell phone charger, Hedge Road, April 17.
Attempted robbery report: John Sandifer, 36, of Redwood City arrested on attempted robbery charges after allegedly refusing to pay for cigarettes at gas station, reaching into his jacket as if for a weapon, and trying but failing to enter locked area of convenience store, Marsh Road, April 18.
• Losses estimated at $2,250 in theft of cable TV box, two remote controls and DVD collection placed on sidewalk as victim was in process of moving, Sharon Road, April 17.
• Losses estimated at $1,500 in theft of tools from toolbox on construction site, Haven Ave., April 13.
• Losses estimated at $950 in theft of prescription sunglasses, GPS device and circular saw from unlocked vehicle, French Court, April 15.
• Loss estimated at $900 in theft of unlocked bicycle, Magnolia Court, April 18.
• Losses estimated at $730 in theft of swimming suit and two pairs of shoes delivered to door but not there when victim arrived home, Woodland Ave., April 18.
• Loss estimated at $300 in theft of unattended cell phone from cafeteria table, Jefferson Drive, April 6.
• Loss of about $70 from coin box of sidewalk newspaper machine, one of three machines with damage done to padlocks, 600 block of Santa Cruz Ave., April 8.
• Losses of $9,300 in unauthorized purchases made from fraudulent checking account in victim's name, main police station at 701 Laurel St., April 16.
• Transient Duane Hoffman, 51, arrested on charges that include unauthorized use of credit card, Rosewood Sand Hill Hotel at 2825 Sand Hill Road, April 9.
Stolen vehicle reports: Red 1998 Acura from driveway, Chester St., April 8.
• Green 1998 Volvo S70 unlocked with keys inside, Independence Drive, April 15.
Auto burglary report: Unknown losses from tools stolen in break-in to locked bed of pickup truck, Park N Ride, April 9.
Theft report: Loss estimated at $250 in theft of video camera from unlocked vehicle, Oakford Road, April 11.