Police CallsThis information is from the Atherton and Menlo Park police departments and the San Mateo County Sheriff's Office. Under the law, people charged with offenses are considered innocent until convicted.
Residential burglary reports:
• Loss estimated at $6,500 in theft of guitar from closet, Santa Cruz Ave., April 5.
• Loss estimated at $400 in theft of locked bicycle from apartment carport, Berkeley Ave., March 30.
Commercial burglary report: Lock to storage gate cut but no property stolen by two suspects driving "dark gray boxy type vehicle," Genesis Landscape Management on Adams Court, March 31.
Auto burglary reports:
• Losses estimated at $655 after convertible roof slashed and theft of duffel bag, handbag, CDs, two pairs of sunglasses and miscellaneous other items, Sharon Park Drive, April 5.
• Two basketball jerseys stolen after rear window pried open and broken, Sharon Park Drive, April 5.
Assault with deadly weapon report: Jamal Garner, 39, of Menlo Park arrested after allegedly attacking and slightly injuring 21-year-old male victim with meat fork during verbal altercation, 1300 block of Willow Road, April 1.
Accident with injury report: Motorcyclist, 49, treated for minor injuries after colliding with dog (beagle/Jack Russell terrier) that was taken to vet with unknown injuries, Oakdell Drive and Lemon St., April 2.
• Unknown estimate of losses in alleged theft of cell phone, portable DVD player, CDs, laptop computer, some food items, picture frame, Apple iPod and hair clippers, Willow Road, April 2.
• Loss estimated at $300 in theft of bicycle from carport, 700 block of University Drive, April 5.
WEST MENLO PARK
Theft report: Loss estimated at $6,200 in jewelry theft, Gordon Ave., April 3.
Fraud report: Unauthorized use of credit card racked up charges of some $12,000 over one month, Rosewood Drive, April 2.