Police CallsThis information is from the Atherton and Menlo Park police departments and the San Mateo County Sheriff's Office. Under the law, people charged with offenses are considered innocent until convicted.
Residential burglary reports:
• Losses estimated at $4,000 after entry through unlocked side window and theft of desktop computer, two cell phones, notebook computer and printer, Partridge Ave., Feb. 21.
• Losses estimated at $1,200 after forced entry through rear window and theft of miscellaneous tools and jewelry, Almanor Ave., Feb. 15.
• No loss in attempted burglary when resident, awakened by sound of knocking on window, looked and saw Hispanic-looking man with mole on left side of mouth who then ran off, Middle Ave., Feb. 22.
Commercial burglary reports:
• Losses estimated at $1,200 after break-in to storage locker and theft of six chain saws, Haven Ave., Feb. 15.
• Door frame and lock damaged in attempted burglary, Ritz Camera at 715 Santa Cruz Ave., Feb. 22.
Theft report: Loss estimated at $500 after unsolved break-in and theft of office chair, 2100 block of Sand Hill Road, Feb. 13.
Vicious animal incident report: Victim's forearm lacerated after attempting to pet dog being walked by owner, Avy Ave. and Zachary Court, Feb. 21.
Possession of weapon report: Jesus Contreras, 32, of Menlo Park arrested and booked after admitting to carrying 24-inch Pakistani sword, Hollyburne Ave., Feb. 22.
Theft report: Losses estimated at $1,000 in theft of camera and other items mistakenly left along road after unanticipated stop, 300 block of El Camino Real, Feb. 15.
Theft report: Losses estimated at $200 in theft of purse from unlocked vehicle, Corte Madera Middle School at 4575 Alpine Road, Feb. 16.
Theft report: Losses estimated at $2,700 in theft of purse from gym cubbyhole, Ladera Oaks Swim & Tennis Club at 3249 Alpine Road, Feb. 21.
Auto burglary report: Loss estimated at $1,400 in break-in and theft of two purses, cell phone and $300 in cash, Ladera Oaks Swim & Tennis Club at 3249 Alpine Road, Feb. 15.
Theft report: Losses estimated at $1,000 in theft of GPS device, stereo, purse and riding gear from unlocked vehicle, 600 block of Mountain Home Road, Feb. 10.