Police CallsThis information is from the Atherton and Menlo Park police departments and the San Mateo County Sheriff's Office. Under the law, people charged with offenses are considered innocent until convicted.
Residential burglary reports:
• Losses estimated at $15,000 after break-in and theft of furniture, tools, automotive parts and building supplies, Hollyburne Ave., Jan. 19.
• Losses estimated $9,500 after bicycle storage locker was pried open and three bicycles were taken, Sharon Park Drive, Jan. 18.
• Unknown losses after forced entry into tool shed and theft of power gardening tools and box of nails, Terminal Ave., Jan. 13.
• Piece of metal siding removed from shed, but no losses, Willow Road, Jan. 16.
Embezzlement report: Losses estimated at $95 after UPS seasonal workers did not return issued uniforms, Adams Court, Jan. 13.
• Losses estimated at $17,000 in theft of several pieces of jewelry, Buckthorn Way, Jan. 16.
• Losses estimated at $2,200 in theft of laptop computer, headlamp, headphones, potted plant and backpack from unlocked vehicle, Bay Laurel Drive, Jan. 16.
• Loss estimated at $700 in theft of bicycle locked to street-sign post, Market Place, Jan. 13.
• Loss estimated at $250 in theft of cell phone left behind in restaurant, El Camino Real, Jan. 16.
• Loss estimated at $250 in theft of ring, Del Norte Ave., Jan. 18.
•Unknown losses after minor damage to fence and theft of alloy wire from fenced-off storage area, Memry Corp. at 465 Campbell Ave., Jan. 19.
• Losses of $2,150.27 in unauthorized use of resident's bank card number to make several online purchases, Cornell Road, Jan. 15.
• Loss estimated at $1,500 in unauthorized use of credit card, Seminary Drive, Jan. 19.
• No loss after check bounced in attempted sale of wedding dress, Coleman Ave., Jan. 16.
Child Protective Services report: 100 block of El Camino Real, Jan. 13.
WEST MENLO PARK
Dog bite report: While lacking county permit to sell door-to-door, salesman of home cleaning fluids bitten on ankle by dog that ran out after resident opened door and "would not let go," Altschul Ave., Jan. 13.
Theft report: Plants stolen, Atherton Ave., Jan. 17.
Child Protective Services report: Ashfield Road, Jan. 18.