Go online for more informationVisit AlmanacNews.com for more about these items.
• Persis S. Drell, director of SLAC National Accelerator Laboratory in Menlo Park since December 2007, plans to resign the post and return to research and teaching.
• Two Menlo-Atherton Vikings teams face their Redwood City Junior 49ers counterparts Sunday, Nov. 13, at Andrew Hill High in San Jose in the Pop Warner Peninsula Conference Football Championships. Visit mapopwarner.com for the times.
• Anyone wanting to recycle unwanted electronic items while helping a local school can bring their old computer equipment and other e-waste to Woodside Elementary School, 3195 Woodside Road, on Tuesday, Nov. 15, from 7:30 to 10:30 am.
• Ragtime/boogie-woogie pianist Bob Milne will give a free concert at 7 p.m. Friday, Nov. 11, in Hanson Hall at The Sequoias, 501 Portola Road in Portola Valley. The public is invited to attend.
• The Brooklyn-based Rohr Jewish Learning Institute has begun offering classes on the Midpeninsula in Jewish heritage, thought and tradition. Courses start this month and will be held at Congregation Beth Jacob at 1550 Alameda de las Pulgas in Redwood City. Go to myjli.com or call Rabbi Levi Potash at 274-2908 for more information.