Police CallsThis information is from the Atherton and Menlo Park police departments and the San Mateo County Sheriff's Office. Under the law, people charged with offenses are considered innocent until convicted.
Residential burglary reports:
• Loss estimated at $500 after break-in through unlocked bedroom window and theft of two gold wedding bands, Hamilton Ave., Sept. 2.
• Unknown loss after break-in through side window and forcible opening of residential safe in which there was nothing of value, Monte Rosa Drive, Sept. 8.
Grand theft report: Unknown losses after checks were stolen from resident's mailbox and five were cashed at check-cashing outlet, Windermere Ave., Sept. 2.
• Attempt to buy medicine with counterfeit $10 bill, Santa Cruz Ave., Sept. 2.
• Resident gave credit card information to someone who called posing as FBI agent investigating scams, University Drive, Sept. 3.
• Collection notice received in the mail after unauthorized creation of account with phone company, Sharon Park Drive, Sept. 7.
• Loss estimated at $450 in theft of gas-powered generator from driveway of home when residents were away, Santa Cruz Ave., Sept. 7.
• Loss estimated at $450 in theft from bike rack of locked bike and helmet, Elder Ave., Sept. 7.
• Loss estimated at $331 in theft of envelope with tickets inside and left under doormat for friend, White Oak Drive, Sept. 5.
Residential burglary report: Pet dog missing and believed stolen via unlocked rear sliding glass door, Summer Hill Lane, Sept. 6.
Child Protective Services report. Middlefield Road and Watkins Ave., Sept. 7.