Post a New Topic
Original post made
on Jul 8, 2013
This is a private school, but our local schools pay $32K for our students to attend. Hmm. Unfortunately, we need this school because our high schools have failed miserably at supporting special education within their schools.
Special ed/resource is the stepchild of education, with high school funds being preferentially spent on more important academic endeavors such as sports. Too often,I saw state money allocated for special education mysteriously disappear into general funds.
This is exciting news for parents whose children struggle in mainstream classrooms. My stepson attended The Russell Bede school in San Mateo for elementary school and it was fantastic. (www.russellbedeschool.org) We hoped we'd find something equally good for high school, but never did.
Unfortunately, many parents aren't aware of what is available for their children with learning differences and few resources for support. SEPTAR-Special education PTA of Redwood City provides wonderful support and is a great resource for parents. This is the time to raise awareness for equality and INCLUSION.
Don't miss out on the discussion!
Sign up to be notified of new comments on this topic.
Post a comment
Posting an item on Town Square is simple and requires no registration. Just complete this form and hit "submit" and your topic will appear online.
Please be respectful and truthful in your postings so Town Square will continue to be a thoughtful gathering place for sharing community information
We prefer that you use your real name, but you may use any "member" name you wish.
Select your neighborhood or school community: * Not sure?
- Atherton: Lindenwood
- Atherton: Lloyden Park
- Atherton: other
- Atherton: West Atherton
- Atherton: West of Alameda
- Menlo Park: Allied Arts/Stanford Park
- Menlo Park: Belle Haven
- Menlo Park: Central Menlo Park
- Menlo Park: Downtown
- Menlo Park: Fair Oaks
- Menlo Park: Felton Gables
- Menlo Park: Linfield Oaks
- Menlo Park: Menlo Oaks
- Menlo Park: other
- Menlo Park: Park Forest
- Menlo Park: Sharon Heights
- Menlo Park: South of Seminary/Vintage Oaks
- Menlo Park: Stanford Hills
- Menlo Park: Stanford Weekend Acres
- Menlo Park: Suburban Park/Lorelei Manor/Flood Park Triangle
- Menlo Park: The Willows
- Menlo Park: University Heights
- Portola Valley: Brookside Park
- Portola Valley: Central Portola Valley
- Portola Valley: Ladera
- Portola Valley: Los Trancos Woods/Vista Verde
- Portola Valley: other
- Portola Valley: Portola Valley Ranch
- Portola Valley: Westridge
- Portola Valley: Woodside Highlands
- Woodside: Emerald Hills
- Woodside: Family Farm/Hidden Valley
- Woodside: Kings Mountain/Skyline
- Woodside: Mountain Home Road
- Woodside: other
- Woodside: Skywood/Skylonda
- Woodside: Woodside Glens
- Woodside: Woodside Heights
- Woodside: Woodside Hills
- Belle Haven Elementary
- Corte Madera School
- Encinal School
- Hillview Middle School
- James Flood Magnet School
- La Entrada School
- Las Lomitas School
- Laurel School
- Menlo-Atherton High School
- Oak Knoll School
- Ormondale School
- Willow Oaks Elementary
- Woodside High School
- Woodside School
- another community
Verification code: *
Enter the verification code exactly as shown, using capital and lowercase letters, in the multi-colored box.
Opening alert: Zola, in downtown Palo Alto
By Elena Kadvany | 1 comment | 3,658 views
Men Are Good For Three Things
By Laura Stec | 27 comments | 2,529 views
Storytime is Full
By Cheryl Bac | 4 comments | 878 views
Menlo Park – Close to the Action
By Paul Bendix | 0 comments | 414 views
Helping Local Veterans
By Erin Glanville | 0 comments | 96 views
Home & Real Estate
Shop Menlo Park
Send News Tips
Circulation & Delivery
Palo Alto Online
Mountain View Voice
© 2014 The Almanac
All rights reserved.