Post a New Topic
Original post made
on Sep 28, 2012
"and if a car swerves and moves on towards the oncoming traffic, then it can cause a head-on collision."
It is dangerous and illegal to cross the center line on blind curves or when oncoming traffic is present.
I couldnt agree more. You make an excellent point. It is not hard for them to ride in a single file. If they would like to socialize maybe they should do it after their bike ride. Arastradero is also a major problem. People do not realize how dangerous this road is for bikers and cars. I have friends who are professional cyclists that avoid Arastradero for this exact reason, even though it is very beautiful. Unfortunately Nadir, it seems like this situation calls for the police to be stationed at different areas of Portola Rd and Alpine during the weekends to enforce these laws, but I dont think the San Mateo Sheriff has the resources or the man power to divert to this every weekend. And to all of the safe cyclists out there: THANK YOU FOR BEING CONSIDERATE OF EVERYONE!
Don't miss out on the discussion!
Sign up to be notified of new comments on this topic.
Post a comment
Posting an item on Town Square is simple and requires no registration. Just complete this form and hit "submit" and your topic will appear online.
Please be respectful and truthful in your postings so Town Square will continue to be a thoughtful gathering place for sharing community information
We prefer that you use your real name, but you may use any "member" name you wish.
Select your neighborhood or school community: * Not sure?
- Atherton: Lindenwood
- Atherton: Lloyden Park
- Atherton: other
- Atherton: West Atherton
- Atherton: West of Alameda
- Menlo Park: Allied Arts/Stanford Park
- Menlo Park: Belle Haven
- Menlo Park: Central Menlo Park
- Menlo Park: Downtown
- Menlo Park: Fair Oaks
- Menlo Park: Felton Gables
- Menlo Park: Linfield Oaks
- Menlo Park: Menlo Oaks
- Menlo Park: other
- Menlo Park: Park Forest
- Menlo Park: Sharon Heights
- Menlo Park: South of Seminary/Vintage Oaks
- Menlo Park: Stanford Hills
- Menlo Park: Stanford Weekend Acres
- Menlo Park: Suburban Park/Lorelei Manor/Flood Park Triangle
- Menlo Park: The Willows
- Menlo Park: University Heights
- Portola Valley: Brookside Park
- Portola Valley: Central Portola Valley
- Portola Valley: Ladera
- Portola Valley: Los Trancos Woods/Vista Verde
- Portola Valley: other
- Portola Valley: Portola Valley Ranch
- Portola Valley: Westridge
- Portola Valley: Woodside Highlands
- Woodside: Emerald Hills
- Woodside: Family Farm/Hidden Valley
- Woodside: Kings Mountain/Skyline
- Woodside: Mountain Home Road
- Woodside: other
- Woodside: Skywood/Skylonda
- Woodside: Woodside Glens
- Woodside: Woodside Heights
- Woodside: Woodside Hills
- Belle Haven Elementary
- Corte Madera School
- Encinal School
- Hillview Middle School
- James Flood Magnet School
- La Entrada School
- Las Lomitas School
- Laurel School
- Menlo-Atherton High School
- Oak Knoll School
- Ormondale School
- Willow Oaks Elementary
- Woodside High School
- Woodside School
- another community
Verification code: *
Enter the verification code exactly as shown, using capital and lowercase letters, in the multi-colored box.
Help! I’m Covered in Bugs
By Laura Stec | 2 comments | 1,569 views
Calave wine bar opens in Palo Alto
By Elena Kadvany | 4 comments | 1,317 views
Constitution Guarantees Nationwide Right to Same-Sex Marriage
By Chandrama Anderson | 25 comments | 1,277 views
Home & Real Estate
Shop Menlo Park
Send News Tips
Circulation & Delivery
Palo Alto Online
Mountain View Voice
© 2015 The Almanac
All rights reserved.