Post a New Topic
Original post made
on Sep 25, 2012
How about increasing productivity?????????
The last time I was called for jury duty I spent 2 1/2 days sitting in the courtroom waiting to never be actually interviewed for a jury for a simple DUI (non-felony) case. Endless recitations of the same stuff over and over and over. To prospective jurors who eventually had probably heard the same monolog 40 -50 times. I know, I know you can argue that legal minutia requires pedantic repetition to insure against later challenge but come on! Let's take a risk that if all the juror instruction information is only repeated say 10 times that an appeals court may just find that was enough.
All this along with 1 1/2 hour lunch breaks, not actually beginning proceeding until around 9:30 or 10:00, finish for the day at around 4:30, only in court 4 days a week.
Again I'm sure there are a zillion excuses for such a low level of "contact hours" but the courts should look at ways to increase productivity not decrease availability.
Stan says How about increasing productivity?????????
I was in SSF Court yesterday and the Judge managed to move on 115 cases in one day. I'd say that is pretty good productivity.
Don't miss out on the discussion!
Sign up to be notified of new comments on this topic.
Post a comment
Posting an item on Town Square is simple and requires no registration. Just complete this form and hit "submit" and your topic will appear online.
Please be respectful and truthful in your postings so Town Square will continue to be a thoughtful gathering place for sharing community information
We prefer that you use your real name, but you may use any "member" name you wish.
Select your neighborhood or school community: * Not sure?
- Atherton: Lindenwood
- Atherton: Lloyden Park
- Atherton: other
- Atherton: West Atherton
- Atherton: West of Alameda
- Menlo Park: Allied Arts/Stanford Park
- Menlo Park: Belle Haven
- Menlo Park: Central Menlo Park
- Menlo Park: Downtown
- Menlo Park: Fair Oaks
- Menlo Park: Felton Gables
- Menlo Park: Linfield Oaks
- Menlo Park: Menlo Oaks
- Menlo Park: other
- Menlo Park: Park Forest
- Menlo Park: Sharon Heights
- Menlo Park: South of Seminary/Vintage Oaks
- Menlo Park: Stanford Hills
- Menlo Park: Stanford Weekend Acres
- Menlo Park: Suburban Park/Lorelei Manor/Flood Park Triangle
- Menlo Park: The Willows
- Menlo Park: University Heights
- Portola Valley: Brookside Park
- Portola Valley: Central Portola Valley
- Portola Valley: Ladera
- Portola Valley: Los Trancos Woods/Vista Verde
- Portola Valley: other
- Portola Valley: Portola Valley Ranch
- Portola Valley: Westridge
- Portola Valley: Woodside Highlands
- Woodside: Emerald Hills
- Woodside: Family Farm/Hidden Valley
- Woodside: Kings Mountain/Skyline
- Woodside: Mountain Home Road
- Woodside: other
- Woodside: Skywood/Skylonda
- Woodside: Woodside Glens
- Woodside: Woodside Heights
- Woodside: Woodside Hills
- Belle Haven Elementary
- Corte Madera School
- Encinal School
- Hillview Middle School
- James Flood Magnet School
- La Entrada School
- Las Lomitas School
- Laurel School
- Menlo-Atherton High School
- Oak Knoll School
- Ormondale School
- Willow Oaks Elementary
- Woodside High School
- Woodside School
- another community
Verification code: *
Enter the verification code exactly as shown, using capital and lowercase letters, in the multi-colored box.
Continuation of Office Cap Discussion
By Steve Levy | 12 comments | 2,965 views
By John Raftrey and Lori McCormick | 1 comment | 2,236 views
Ramen shop replaces Muracciís in Los Altos
By Elena Kadvany | 8 comments | 1,890 views
"Itís Not About the Nail"
By Chandrama Anderson | 3 comments | 1,604 views
By Cheryl Bac | 0 comments | 1,191 views
Home & Real Estate
Shop Menlo Park
Send News Tips
Circulation & Delivery
Palo Alto Online
Mountain View Voice
© 2015 The Almanac
All rights reserved.