Post a New Topic
Original post made
on Aug 23, 2012
My parents went recently & were completely unimpressed. I hope it was just an off night. We've all been fans of Bienaime & have socialized w/him & his family. Fingers crossed that future visits will be better.
Question: does anyone else find the romance w/rustic amongst the well-heeled a little amusing? It's not just that many of the flavors are something we crave- the whole "Under the Tusacan Sun" aspect is still at work, I think. I think the craving for the lifestyle is in part due to this being a new country & we crave a link w/tangible links to the past.
I make a lot of rustic Italian food at home - it does really suit this climate to do so & I grew up on it. It's how much of our family in Europe eats but it can be an unreachable lifestyle with long work days & kids to raise in the Bay Area.
My wife and I took her parents to Portola Kitchen last week. We had an excellent meal. And I like the fact that it's local....we don't have to drive (and try to park) to Palo Alto. Or theCity, for that matter. I would recommend Portola Kitchen highly.
Went for a pre Thanksgiving meal with family. We were afraid we wouldn't be able to eat as there was no parking whatsoever in the lot. Turns out the restaurant was nearly empty, and with good reason. Poor food preperation, or bad refrigeration gave 3 of the 4 of us food poisoning.
We miss Mike's, this place is a mistake!
NEVER going back!
Don't miss out on the discussion!
Sign up to be notified of new comments on this topic.
Post a comment
Posting an item on Town Square is simple and requires no registration. Just complete this form and hit "submit" and your topic will appear online.
Please be respectful and truthful in your postings so Town Square will continue to be a thoughtful gathering place for sharing community information
We prefer that you use your real name, but you may use any "member" name you wish.
Select your neighborhood or school community: * Not sure?
- Atherton: Lindenwood
- Atherton: Lloyden Park
- Atherton: other
- Atherton: West Atherton
- Atherton: West of Alameda
- Menlo Park: Allied Arts/Stanford Park
- Menlo Park: Belle Haven
- Menlo Park: Central Menlo Park
- Menlo Park: Downtown
- Menlo Park: Fair Oaks
- Menlo Park: Felton Gables
- Menlo Park: Linfield Oaks
- Menlo Park: Menlo Oaks
- Menlo Park: other
- Menlo Park: Park Forest
- Menlo Park: Sharon Heights
- Menlo Park: South of Seminary/Vintage Oaks
- Menlo Park: Stanford Hills
- Menlo Park: Stanford Weekend Acres
- Menlo Park: Suburban Park/Lorelei Manor/Flood Park Triangle
- Menlo Park: The Willows
- Menlo Park: University Heights
- Portola Valley: Brookside Park
- Portola Valley: Central Portola Valley
- Portola Valley: Ladera
- Portola Valley: Los Trancos Woods/Vista Verde
- Portola Valley: other
- Portola Valley: Portola Valley Ranch
- Portola Valley: Westridge
- Portola Valley: Woodside Highlands
- Woodside: Emerald Hills
- Woodside: Family Farm/Hidden Valley
- Woodside: Kings Mountain/Skyline
- Woodside: Mountain Home Road
- Woodside: other
- Woodside: Skywood/Skylonda
- Woodside: Woodside Glens
- Woodside: Woodside Heights
- Woodside: Woodside Hills
- Belle Haven Elementary
- Corte Madera School
- Encinal School
- Hillview Middle School
- James Flood Magnet School
- La Entrada School
- Las Lomitas School
- Laurel School
- Menlo-Atherton High School
- Oak Knoll School
- Ormondale School
- Willow Oaks Elementary
- Woodside High School
- Woodside School
- another community
Verification code: *
Enter the verification code exactly as shown, using capital and lowercase letters, in the multi-colored box.
Help! I’m Covered in Bugs
By Laura Stec | 2 comments | 1,545 views
Constitution Guarantees Nationwide Right to Same-Sex Marriage
By Chandrama Anderson | 25 comments | 1,261 views
Calave wine bar opens in Palo Alto
By Elena Kadvany | 4 comments | 1,249 views
Home & Real Estate
Shop Menlo Park
Send News Tips
Circulation & Delivery
Palo Alto Online
Mountain View Voice
© 2015 The Almanac
All rights reserved.