Post a New Topic
Original post made
on Aug 22, 2012
A Menlo Park business license is of no real use, without the Alcohol permit, so that's the logical place to start. If they cannot transfer the existing license, they are likely to abandon the project rather than try to apply from scratch.
Would be excited to see it reopen, to get some more beer/bar options. However, I hope they go for a bit of a redesign. That was the most expensive, worst, food I have seen in a while. Cocktails were good, though.
"Cocktails were good, though."
C'mon.... ever had a BAD cocktail? Can count those on one hand. There are differences, of course, in the quality of a drink due to ingredients and the mastery of who is building it, but a truly bad cocktail? Nah. (I won't make the obvious comparison)
Let's hope they build some of the better cocktails at the new BBC. Welcome aboard, Owen and Jennifer. Look forward to hoisting one!
Federal trademark reg? Going big time?
We are so glad to see this beautiful building go back into service... and we're hoping it will have a full bar, to boot! And Hoister, they really did have great old-fashioned cocktails. I hope they will make a reappearance at the new BBC.
Hope they bring back the comfy chairs!
I'd love to see dart boards too.
Don't miss out on the discussion!
Sign up to be notified of new comments on this topic.
Post a comment
Posting an item on Town Square is simple and requires no registration. Just complete this form and hit "submit" and your topic will appear online.
Please be respectful and truthful in your postings so Town Square will continue to be a thoughtful gathering place for sharing community information
We prefer that you use your real name, but you may use any "member" name you wish.
Select your neighborhood or school community: * Not sure?
- Atherton: Lindenwood
- Atherton: Lloyden Park
- Atherton: other
- Atherton: West Atherton
- Atherton: West of Alameda
- Menlo Park: Allied Arts/Stanford Park
- Menlo Park: Belle Haven
- Menlo Park: Central Menlo Park
- Menlo Park: Downtown
- Menlo Park: Fair Oaks
- Menlo Park: Felton Gables
- Menlo Park: Linfield Oaks
- Menlo Park: Menlo Oaks
- Menlo Park: other
- Menlo Park: Park Forest
- Menlo Park: Sharon Heights
- Menlo Park: South of Seminary/Vintage Oaks
- Menlo Park: Stanford Hills
- Menlo Park: Stanford Weekend Acres
- Menlo Park: Suburban Park/Lorelei Manor/Flood Park Triangle
- Menlo Park: The Willows
- Menlo Park: University Heights
- Portola Valley: Brookside Park
- Portola Valley: Central Portola Valley
- Portola Valley: Ladera
- Portola Valley: Los Trancos Woods/Vista Verde
- Portola Valley: other
- Portola Valley: Portola Valley Ranch
- Portola Valley: Westridge
- Portola Valley: Woodside Highlands
- Woodside: Emerald Hills
- Woodside: Family Farm/Hidden Valley
- Woodside: Kings Mountain/Skyline
- Woodside: Mountain Home Road
- Woodside: other
- Woodside: Skywood/Skylonda
- Woodside: Woodside Glens
- Woodside: Woodside Heights
- Woodside: Woodside Hills
- Belle Haven Elementary
- Corte Madera School
- Encinal School
- Hillview Middle School
- James Flood Magnet School
- La Entrada School
- Las Lomitas School
- Laurel School
- Menlo-Atherton High School
- Oak Knoll School
- Ormondale School
- Willow Oaks Elementary
- Woodside High School
- Woodside School
- another community
Verification code: *
Enter the verification code exactly as shown, using capital and lowercase letters, in the multi-colored box.
Draeger’s Los Altos eyes upgrades, expansion
By Elena Kadvany | 4 comments | 3,349 views
Housing is for People
By Steve Levy | 33 comments | 2,332 views
College Visit: Lehigh and Lafayette
By John Raftrey and Lori McCormick | 4 comments | 1,650 views
Is Coffee a Date?
By Laura Stec | 18 comments | 1,418 views
Gratitude, Repairing and Avoiding Affairs
By Chandrama Anderson | 0 comments | 651 views
Home & Real Estate
Shop Menlo Park
Send News Tips
Circulation & Delivery
Palo Alto Online
Mountain View Voice
© 2015 The Almanac
All rights reserved.