Post a New Topic
Original post made
on Aug 21, 2012
As your candidate for State Assembly, former chair of the San Bruno Bicycle and Pedestrian Committee, and a concern resident of Belle Haven, I am sadden about what happened. For so time, Caltrans are supposed to put up signage that will clearly mark the bike routes in the Belle Haven area. But someone at the City and State level has to keep pushing them to keep their promises.
I will be that person.
I agree that that whole section of the Bay Trail needs to be fixed. Sometimes the trail is along the north side of Bayshore, but sometimes you have to cross the expressway to the south side. Biking past Facebook is confusing and dangerous in both directions. Then trying to bike from Facebook to Palo Alto involves a number of confusing turns through heavy traffic. The Menlo Park Bay Trail is pretty disappointing compared to the Bay Trail in Palo Alto and Mountain View.
This is unfortunate and just another example of why we need well marked signs on the east side.
Hopefully, this project will fix some of the problems with the Menlo Park Bay Trail: Web Link
Don't miss out on the discussion!
Sign up to be notified of new comments on this topic.
Post a comment
Posting an item on Town Square is simple and requires no registration. Just complete this form and hit "submit" and your topic will appear online.
Please be respectful and truthful in your postings so Town Square will continue to be a thoughtful gathering place for sharing community information
We prefer that you use your real name, but you may use any "member" name you wish.
Select your neighborhood or school community: * Not sure?
- Atherton: Lindenwood
- Atherton: Lloyden Park
- Atherton: other
- Atherton: West Atherton
- Atherton: West of Alameda
- Menlo Park: Allied Arts/Stanford Park
- Menlo Park: Belle Haven
- Menlo Park: Central Menlo Park
- Menlo Park: Downtown
- Menlo Park: Fair Oaks
- Menlo Park: Felton Gables
- Menlo Park: Linfield Oaks
- Menlo Park: Menlo Oaks
- Menlo Park: other
- Menlo Park: Park Forest
- Menlo Park: Sharon Heights
- Menlo Park: South of Seminary/Vintage Oaks
- Menlo Park: Stanford Hills
- Menlo Park: Stanford Weekend Acres
- Menlo Park: Suburban Park/Lorelei Manor/Flood Park Triangle
- Menlo Park: The Willows
- Menlo Park: University Heights
- Portola Valley: Brookside Park
- Portola Valley: Central Portola Valley
- Portola Valley: Ladera
- Portola Valley: Los Trancos Woods/Vista Verde
- Portola Valley: other
- Portola Valley: Portola Valley Ranch
- Portola Valley: Westridge
- Portola Valley: Woodside Highlands
- Woodside: Emerald Hills
- Woodside: Family Farm/Hidden Valley
- Woodside: Kings Mountain/Skyline
- Woodside: Mountain Home Road
- Woodside: other
- Woodside: Skywood/Skylonda
- Woodside: Woodside Glens
- Woodside: Woodside Heights
- Woodside: Woodside Hills
- Belle Haven Elementary
- Corte Madera School
- Encinal School
- Hillview Middle School
- James Flood Magnet School
- La Entrada School
- Las Lomitas School
- Laurel School
- Menlo-Atherton High School
- Oak Knoll School
- Ormondale School
- Willow Oaks Elementary
- Woodside High School
- Woodside School
- another community
Verification code: *
Enter the verification code exactly as shown, using capital and lowercase letters, in the multi-colored box.
Draeger’s Los Altos eyes upgrades, expansion
By Elena Kadvany | 4 comments | 3,059 views
Housing is for People
By Steve Levy | 28 comments | 2,063 views
College Visit: Lehigh and Lafayette
By John Raftrey and Lori McCormick | 4 comments | 1,426 views
Is Coffee a Date?
By Laura Stec | 12 comments | 907 views
Gratitude, Repairing and Avoiding Affairs
By Chandrama Anderson | 0 comments | 545 views
Home & Real Estate
Shop Menlo Park
Send News Tips
Circulation & Delivery
Palo Alto Online
Mountain View Voice
© 2015 The Almanac
All rights reserved.