Post a New Topic
Original post made
on Aug 15, 2012
Bikes are not supposed to be using the skate park. Too bad that isn't enforced.
That's your reaction to a 14 year-old getting punched out and having his bike stolen, skater? I hope nothing like that ever happens to you, or anyone you know.
I know the kid this happened to, and he's a great guy. He loved that bike. It was expensive, and he came up with most of the money for it himself. Other neighbors and I enjoyed watching him do tricks on it around here. It's a shame he'll be without it...
That whole park needs to be monitored and cleaned up, and recently there are more strangers hanging around, on bikes and in their cars/vans.
Sorry to hear of this young mans misfortune, and am glad he was not hurt. My kids go through there all the time.
Yes its a pity this park is now a magnet for these lowlifes .. first suggestion I make is to remove/lock the access to the power outlets that are in several places at Burgess.. For a long time there was a grouchy older guy in a small red American sedan who used to charge his laptop (and no doubt other things) whilst he sat all day in his car .. watching passers by ..
Also if the rules of the skatepark say no bikes or helmets must be worn.. they why is this not enforced by the MPPD (yes they have the time) ?
This story has a happy ending. I have not seen it reported in the Almanac as of yet...
Don't miss out on the discussion!
Sign up to be notified of new comments on this topic.
Post a comment
Posting an item on Town Square is simple and requires no registration. Just complete this form and hit "submit" and your topic will appear online.
Please be respectful and truthful in your postings so Town Square will continue to be a thoughtful gathering place for sharing community information
We prefer that you use your real name, but you may use any "member" name you wish.
Select your neighborhood or school community: * Not sure?
- Atherton: Lindenwood
- Atherton: Lloyden Park
- Atherton: other
- Atherton: West Atherton
- Atherton: West of Alameda
- Menlo Park: Allied Arts/Stanford Park
- Menlo Park: Belle Haven
- Menlo Park: Central Menlo Park
- Menlo Park: Downtown
- Menlo Park: Fair Oaks
- Menlo Park: Felton Gables
- Menlo Park: Linfield Oaks
- Menlo Park: Menlo Oaks
- Menlo Park: other
- Menlo Park: Park Forest
- Menlo Park: Sharon Heights
- Menlo Park: South of Seminary/Vintage Oaks
- Menlo Park: Stanford Hills
- Menlo Park: Stanford Weekend Acres
- Menlo Park: Suburban Park/Lorelei Manor/Flood Park Triangle
- Menlo Park: The Willows
- Menlo Park: University Heights
- Portola Valley: Brookside Park
- Portola Valley: Central Portola Valley
- Portola Valley: Ladera
- Portola Valley: Los Trancos Woods/Vista Verde
- Portola Valley: other
- Portola Valley: Portola Valley Ranch
- Portola Valley: Westridge
- Portola Valley: Woodside Highlands
- Woodside: Emerald Hills
- Woodside: Family Farm/Hidden Valley
- Woodside: Kings Mountain/Skyline
- Woodside: Mountain Home Road
- Woodside: other
- Woodside: Skywood/Skylonda
- Woodside: Woodside Glens
- Woodside: Woodside Heights
- Woodside: Woodside Hills
- Belle Haven Elementary
- Corte Madera School
- Encinal School
- Hillview Middle School
- James Flood Magnet School
- La Entrada School
- Las Lomitas School
- Laurel School
- Menlo-Atherton High School
- Oak Knoll School
- Ormondale School
- Willow Oaks Elementary
- Woodside High School
- Woodside School
- another community
Verification code: *
Enter the verification code exactly as shown, using capital and lowercase letters, in the multi-colored box.
A Love Script? A Dyadic Encounter
By Chandrama Anderson | 2 comments | 2,093 views
USA - United Stuffed of America
By Laura Stec | 2 comments | 1,712 views
Teavana Palo Alto closes
By Elena Kadvany | 2 comments | 1,647 views
Sometimes the Rules Go Out the Window
By Cheryl Bac | 5 comments | 1,336 views
Home & Real Estate
Shop Menlo Park
Send News Tips
Circulation & Delivery
Palo Alto Online
Mountain View Voice
© 2015 The Almanac
All rights reserved.