Post a New Topic
Original post made
on Aug 8, 2012
1. The positive train control (PTC) system that Caltrain is determined to acquire is far more expensive than, and incompatible with, the PTC that the CHSRA intends to deploy (ETMS).
So what! It's other peoples' money!
2. Electrification of two tracks is intended only as an interim upgrade for Caltrain. It is not a permanent "solution."
3. Both Caltrain and the CHSRA seek four tracks and complete grade separation. Elevated viaducts meet that intention in the most cost-effective way.
4. If and when future funding becomes available, there should be no doubt that the Caltrain corridor will be developed with four tracks elevated.
5. All the negotiating, discussing, challenging, questioning, resolution-writing and legislating will make not a bit of difference to either Caltrain or the CHSRA, both of whom are determined to obtain such a fully developed Caltrain corridor.
6. Don't like it? Tough Noogies!
Don't miss out on the discussion!
Sign up to be notified of new comments on this topic.
Post a comment
Posting an item on Town Square is simple and requires no registration. Just complete this form and hit "submit" and your topic will appear online.
Please be respectful and truthful in your postings so Town Square will continue to be a thoughtful gathering place for sharing community information
We prefer that you use your real name, but you may use any "member" name you wish.
Select your neighborhood or school community: * Not sure?
- Atherton: Lindenwood
- Atherton: Lloyden Park
- Atherton: other
- Atherton: West Atherton
- Atherton: West of Alameda
- Menlo Park: Allied Arts/Stanford Park
- Menlo Park: Belle Haven
- Menlo Park: Central Menlo Park
- Menlo Park: Downtown
- Menlo Park: Fair Oaks
- Menlo Park: Felton Gables
- Menlo Park: Linfield Oaks
- Menlo Park: Menlo Oaks
- Menlo Park: other
- Menlo Park: Park Forest
- Menlo Park: Sharon Heights
- Menlo Park: South of Seminary/Vintage Oaks
- Menlo Park: Stanford Hills
- Menlo Park: Stanford Weekend Acres
- Menlo Park: Suburban Park/Lorelei Manor/Flood Park Triangle
- Menlo Park: The Willows
- Menlo Park: University Heights
- Portola Valley: Brookside Park
- Portola Valley: Central Portola Valley
- Portola Valley: Ladera
- Portola Valley: Los Trancos Woods/Vista Verde
- Portola Valley: other
- Portola Valley: Portola Valley Ranch
- Portola Valley: Westridge
- Portola Valley: Woodside Highlands
- Woodside: Emerald Hills
- Woodside: Family Farm/Hidden Valley
- Woodside: Kings Mountain/Skyline
- Woodside: Mountain Home Road
- Woodside: other
- Woodside: Skywood/Skylonda
- Woodside: Woodside Glens
- Woodside: Woodside Heights
- Woodside: Woodside Hills
- Belle Haven Elementary
- Corte Madera School
- Encinal School
- Hillview Middle School
- James Flood Magnet School
- La Entrada School
- Las Lomitas School
- Laurel School
- Menlo-Atherton High School
- Oak Knoll School
- Ormondale School
- Willow Oaks Elementary
- Woodside High School
- Woodside School
- another community
Verification code: *
Enter the verification code exactly as shown, using capital and lowercase letters, in the multi-colored box.
Freebirds Palo Alto shutters, Pieology to move in
By Elena Kadvany | 12 comments | 3,133 views
A Glimpse into local HS Suicide
By Chandrama Anderson | 6 comments | 2,176 views
Deny the 429 Univ Ave Project Appeal
By Steve Levy | 7 comments | 1,313 views
Now Playing - Your Dinner!
By Laura Stec | 0 comments | 920 views
Water War & Peace
By Paul Bendix | 1 comment | 314 views
Home & Real Estate
Shop Menlo Park
Send News Tips
Circulation & Delivery
Palo Alto Online
Mountain View Voice
© 2015 The Almanac
All rights reserved.