Post a New Topic
Original post made
on Jun 23, 2012
With the insane real estate prices in the Bay Area, is this a surprise?
When my husband and I got married we were looking to sell my condo and buy a house together. We were thrilled to find a realtor who didn't drive a luxury car, didn't fast-talk us into something we didn't want, and appreciated that this was a big purchase for us (even though our house cost less than $500K).
He even took us out to dinner after, which was really nice.
And that's my plug for Don Yarkin of Yarkin Realty in Palo Alto
These figures do seem to point to the most talented realtors. However, recognizing some of the names on the list, I feel I should point out that quite a few of those individually listed realtors operate more like a small real estate company within a larger one. In other words, they employ both licensed and unlicensed people to do much of the work for them. In other words, when you use them, you are not getting the individual attention that other, lesser known, realtors can give you.
I'm not saying they aren't great realtors; I'm merely pointing out that high numbers do not necessarily make them the best realtor for you. (I am not a realtor.)
AMRW: You make an excellent point!
They are still just salespeople with a six week degree.
If you were a member and logged in you could track comments from this story.
Post a comment
Posting an item on Town Square is simple and requires no registration. Just complete this form and hit "submit" and your topic will appear online.
Please be respectful and truthful in your postings so Town Square will continue to be a thoughtful gathering place for sharing community information
We prefer that you use your real name, but you may use any "member" name you wish.
Select your neighborhood or school community: * Not sure?
- Atherton: Lindenwood
- Atherton: Lloyden Park
- Atherton: other
- Atherton: West Atherton
- Atherton: West of Alameda
- Menlo Park: Allied Arts/Stanford Park
- Menlo Park: Belle Haven
- Menlo Park: Central Menlo Park
- Menlo Park: Downtown
- Menlo Park: Fair Oaks
- Menlo Park: Felton Gables
- Menlo Park: Linfield Oaks
- Menlo Park: Menlo Oaks
- Menlo Park: other
- Menlo Park: Park Forest
- Menlo Park: Sharon Heights
- Menlo Park: South of Seminary/Vintage Oaks
- Menlo Park: Stanford Hills
- Menlo Park: Stanford Weekend Acres
- Menlo Park: Suburban Park/Lorelei Manor/Flood Park Triangle
- Menlo Park: The Willows
- Menlo Park: University Heights
- Portola Valley: Brookside Park
- Portola Valley: Central Portola Valley
- Portola Valley: Ladera
- Portola Valley: Los Trancos Woods/Vista Verde
- Portola Valley: other
- Portola Valley: Portola Valley Ranch
- Portola Valley: Westridge
- Portola Valley: Woodside Highlands
- Woodside: Emerald Hills
- Woodside: Family Farm/Hidden Valley
- Woodside: Kings Mountain/Skyline
- Woodside: Mountain Home Road
- Woodside: other
- Woodside: Skywood/Skylonda
- Woodside: Woodside Glens
- Woodside: Woodside Heights
- Woodside: Woodside Hills
- Belle Haven Elementary
- Corte Madera School
- Encinal School
- Hillview Middle School
- James Flood Magnet School
- La Entrada School
- Las Lomitas School
- Laurel School
- Menlo-Atherton High School
- Oak Knoll School
- Ormondale School
- Willow Oaks Elementary
- Woodside High School
- Woodside School
- another community
Verification code: *
Enter the verification code exactly as shown, using capital and lowercase letters, in the multi-colored box.
Look at the week
By Cheryl Bac | 2 comments | 886 views
Developers and Development
By Steve Levy | 11 comments | 821 views
By Laura Stec | 6 comments | 646 views
By Chandrama Anderson | 0 comments | 580 views
What it's like to have a tween
By Jessica T | 0 comments | 398 views
Home & Real Estate
Shop Menlo Park
Send News Tips
Circulation & Delivery
Palo Alto Online
Mountain View Voice
© 2013 The Almanac
All rights reserved.