Post a New Topic
Original post made
on Jan 26, 2012
I think the operative word here is "their property". It's nice that a few folks get to have their say, in the sake of transparency but c'mon! Who's paying the taxes on this property? Who paid for it in the first place? If you want more meadow preserves and deep grass, go buy some property adjacent to the Open Space Tract and go to town. This is someone else's property, we're lucky that the discussion is only about a vineyard, pool and barn!
Socialism rearing it's ugly head.
So much for 'America, land of the free' in California.
If I owned that land, I would forgo the barn, and just store everything I would put in the barn near the property line by the main road. See how long they oppose the barn then.
NOT THAT I MIND TOO MUCH WHAT IS PLANNED, BUT WHAT ABOUT A RESIDENCE? IS NO ONE GOING TO LIVE THERE? WHO WILL WATCHOVER THE CROPS, ARTIST'S IN THE STUDIO, & THOSE SWIMMING ? wILL THIS JUST BE A "DAY CAMP" OF SORTS?
The property is developed, including with a residence, elsewhere on its 229 acres.
Don't miss out on the discussion!
Sign up to be notified of new comments on this topic.
Post a comment
Posting an item on Town Square is simple and requires no registration. Just complete this form and hit "submit" and your topic will appear online.
Please be respectful and truthful in your postings so Town Square will continue to be a thoughtful gathering place for sharing community information
We prefer that you use your real name, but you may use any "member" name you wish.
Select your neighborhood or school community: * Not sure?
- Atherton: Lindenwood
- Atherton: Lloyden Park
- Atherton: other
- Atherton: West Atherton
- Atherton: West of Alameda
- Menlo Park: Allied Arts/Stanford Park
- Menlo Park: Belle Haven
- Menlo Park: Central Menlo Park
- Menlo Park: Downtown
- Menlo Park: Fair Oaks
- Menlo Park: Felton Gables
- Menlo Park: Linfield Oaks
- Menlo Park: Menlo Oaks
- Menlo Park: other
- Menlo Park: Park Forest
- Menlo Park: Sharon Heights
- Menlo Park: South of Seminary/Vintage Oaks
- Menlo Park: Stanford Hills
- Menlo Park: Stanford Weekend Acres
- Menlo Park: Suburban Park/Lorelei Manor/Flood Park Triangle
- Menlo Park: The Willows
- Menlo Park: University Heights
- Portola Valley: Brookside Park
- Portola Valley: Central Portola Valley
- Portola Valley: Ladera
- Portola Valley: Los Trancos Woods/Vista Verde
- Portola Valley: other
- Portola Valley: Portola Valley Ranch
- Portola Valley: Westridge
- Portola Valley: Woodside Highlands
- Woodside: Emerald Hills
- Woodside: Family Farm/Hidden Valley
- Woodside: Kings Mountain/Skyline
- Woodside: Mountain Home Road
- Woodside: other
- Woodside: Skywood/Skylonda
- Woodside: Woodside Glens
- Woodside: Woodside Heights
- Woodside: Woodside Hills
- Belle Haven Elementary
- Corte Madera School
- Encinal School
- Hillview Middle School
- James Flood Magnet School
- La Entrada School
- Las Lomitas School
- Laurel School
- Menlo-Atherton High School
- Oak Knoll School
- Ormondale School
- Willow Oaks Elementary
- Woodside High School
- Woodside School
- another community
Verification code: *
Enter the verification code exactly as shown, using capital and lowercase letters, in the multi-colored box.
Draeger’s Los Altos eyes upgrades, expansion
By Elena Kadvany | 4 comments | 2,966 views
Housing is for People
By Steve Levy | 26 comments | 1,969 views
College Visit: Lehigh and Lafayette
By John Raftrey and Lori McCormick | 4 comments | 1,342 views
Is Coffee a Date?
By Laura Stec | 12 comments | 795 views
Gratitude, Repairing and Avoiding Affairs
By Chandrama Anderson | 0 comments | 503 views
Home & Real Estate
Shop Menlo Park
Send News Tips
Circulation & Delivery
Palo Alto Online
Mountain View Voice
© 2015 The Almanac
All rights reserved.