Post a New Topic
Original post made
on Jun 14, 2007
It's really a disgrace, living in a community such as this, that we should experience power outages for 12 hours at a clip, every few weeks. It's equally a disgrace how Valparaiso Av. can go through a 2 year renovation and the Menlo side of the street is still full of potholes while the Atherton side has partially been redone. I don't mind paying taxes, as long as everyone else is sharing the load. That's the whole problem in California----most everyone else is NOT sharing their load. Thus, the deficit, the rolling blackouts, the school problems, etc. Issuing more and more bonds, year after year, is a temporary patch....which will result in ultimate disaster. Does anyone care out there? Guess not!!!! People in California----Wake Up!!!!! The day of reckoning is almost here!!!
About Valparaiso: work on the Menlo Park side of the street is set to begin this summer -- Menlo Park had to wait until Atherton finished work on its side of the street.
In fall, the whole road will get an asphalt overlay, intended to provide a smoother ride without the big seam in the middle of the road where the town boundaries meet.
Don't miss out on the discussion!
Sign up to be notified of new comments on this topic.
Post a comment
Posting an item on Town Square is simple and requires no registration. Just complete this form and hit "submit" and your topic will appear online.
Please be respectful and truthful in your postings so Town Square will continue to be a thoughtful gathering place for sharing community information
We prefer that you use your real name, but you may use any "member" name you wish.
Select your neighborhood or school community: * Not sure?
- Atherton: Lindenwood
- Atherton: Lloyden Park
- Atherton: other
- Atherton: West Atherton
- Atherton: West of Alameda
- Menlo Park: Allied Arts/Stanford Park
- Menlo Park: Belle Haven
- Menlo Park: Central Menlo Park
- Menlo Park: Downtown
- Menlo Park: Fair Oaks
- Menlo Park: Felton Gables
- Menlo Park: Linfield Oaks
- Menlo Park: Menlo Oaks
- Menlo Park: other
- Menlo Park: Park Forest
- Menlo Park: Sharon Heights
- Menlo Park: South of Seminary/Vintage Oaks
- Menlo Park: Stanford Hills
- Menlo Park: Stanford Weekend Acres
- Menlo Park: Suburban Park/Lorelei Manor/Flood Park Triangle
- Menlo Park: The Willows
- Menlo Park: University Heights
- Portola Valley: Brookside Park
- Portola Valley: Central Portola Valley
- Portola Valley: Ladera
- Portola Valley: Los Trancos Woods/Vista Verde
- Portola Valley: other
- Portola Valley: Portola Valley Ranch
- Portola Valley: Westridge
- Portola Valley: Woodside Highlands
- Woodside: Emerald Hills
- Woodside: Family Farm/Hidden Valley
- Woodside: Kings Mountain/Skyline
- Woodside: Mountain Home Road
- Woodside: other
- Woodside: Skywood/Skylonda
- Woodside: Woodside Glens
- Woodside: Woodside Heights
- Woodside: Woodside Hills
- Belle Haven Elementary
- Corte Madera School
- Encinal School
- Hillview Middle School
- James Flood Magnet School
- La Entrada School
- Las Lomitas School
- Laurel School
- Menlo-Atherton High School
- Oak Knoll School
- Ormondale School
- Willow Oaks Elementary
- Woodside High School
- Woodside School
- another community
Verification code: *
Enter the verification code exactly as shown, using capital and lowercase letters, in the multi-colored box.
Continuation of Office Cap Discussion
By Steve Levy | 19 comments | 3,650 views
By John Raftrey and Lori McCormick | 2 comments | 2,526 views
Ramen shop replaces Muracciís in Los Altos
By Elena Kadvany | 11 comments | 2,396 views
"Itís Not About the Nail"
By Chandrama Anderson | 5 comments | 1,810 views
Now Playing - Your Dinner!
By Laura Stec | 0 comments | 687 views
Home & Real Estate
Shop Menlo Park
Send News Tips
Circulation & Delivery
Palo Alto Online
Mountain View Voice
© 2015 The Almanac
All rights reserved.