Post a New Topic
Original post made
on Dec 21, 2011
Its not only the smell of a fireplace we need to stop, how about all those annoying energy wasting holiday lights, not to mention the dreaded smell of noble fir branches as christmas trees are carried about the state. Or candle soot (eight days!). And don't get me started on cinnamon and hot chocolate, arrghh!
Good post, Dharma!
Maybe they should regulate men who wear too much cologne or people who don't shower enough.
Ya'all, I agree w/the above posts in principle, but in actuality, smoke particulate matter is serious when there's no wind dispersing it - it's not about the scent at aqll. I was looking forward to celebrating the solstice w/my fire pit, but that's not to be. And I have some old cinnamon brooms to burn, which is a lovely odor! Instead, I'll be obeying the spare the air doctrine. What a bummer! I will be adding cinnamon to my hot chocolate, though - yeah, I'm a rebel that way.
Don't miss out on the discussion!
Sign up to be notified of new comments on this topic.
Post a comment
Posting an item on Town Square is simple and requires no registration. Just complete this form and hit "submit" and your topic will appear online.
Please be respectful and truthful in your postings so Town Square will continue to be a thoughtful gathering place for sharing community information
We prefer that you use your real name, but you may use any "member" name you wish.
Select your neighborhood or school community: * Not sure?
- Atherton: Lindenwood
- Atherton: Lloyden Park
- Atherton: other
- Atherton: West Atherton
- Atherton: West of Alameda
- Menlo Park: Allied Arts/Stanford Park
- Menlo Park: Belle Haven
- Menlo Park: Central Menlo Park
- Menlo Park: Downtown
- Menlo Park: Fair Oaks
- Menlo Park: Felton Gables
- Menlo Park: Linfield Oaks
- Menlo Park: Menlo Oaks
- Menlo Park: other
- Menlo Park: Park Forest
- Menlo Park: Sharon Heights
- Menlo Park: South of Seminary/Vintage Oaks
- Menlo Park: Stanford Hills
- Menlo Park: Stanford Weekend Acres
- Menlo Park: Suburban Park/Lorelei Manor/Flood Park Triangle
- Menlo Park: The Willows
- Menlo Park: University Heights
- Portola Valley: Brookside Park
- Portola Valley: Central Portola Valley
- Portola Valley: Ladera
- Portola Valley: Los Trancos Woods/Vista Verde
- Portola Valley: other
- Portola Valley: Portola Valley Ranch
- Portola Valley: Westridge
- Portola Valley: Woodside Highlands
- Woodside: Emerald Hills
- Woodside: Family Farm/Hidden Valley
- Woodside: Kings Mountain/Skyline
- Woodside: Mountain Home Road
- Woodside: other
- Woodside: Skywood/Skylonda
- Woodside: Woodside Glens
- Woodside: Woodside Heights
- Woodside: Woodside Hills
- Belle Haven Elementary
- Corte Madera School
- Encinal School
- Hillview Middle School
- James Flood Magnet School
- La Entrada School
- Las Lomitas School
- Laurel School
- Menlo-Atherton High School
- Oak Knoll School
- Ormondale School
- Willow Oaks Elementary
- Woodside High School
- Woodside School
- another community
Verification code: *
Enter the verification code exactly as shown, using capital and lowercase letters, in the multi-colored box.
Teavana Palo Alto closes
By Elena Kadvany | 6 comments | 3,928 views
What Freshmen Should be Thinking About College
By John Raftrey and Lori McCormick | 17 comments | 2,980 views
Sometimes the Rules Go Out the Window
By Cheryl Bac | 5 comments | 1,885 views
Waiting on the Edge of Death
By Chandrama Anderson | 6 comments | 1,365 views
Menlo Park Playing Nicely
By Paul Bendix | 0 comments | 243 views
Home & Real Estate
Shop Menlo Park
Send News Tips
Circulation & Delivery
Palo Alto Online
Mountain View Voice
© 2015 The Almanac
All rights reserved.