Post a New Topic
Original post made
on Jun 10, 2011
I truly enjoyed the article by Marie Krenz. When I moved to Woodside the "Little Store" was actually a store. I can remember buying canned goods there. Also I had my hair done across
the street from Robert's market where the original Mrs. Roberts also had her hair done. Mr. Roberts would come by about every 10 minutes to check to see when she would be ready to go.
Loved your story,Especaiily the mention of the piano. I believe I played the very same piano growing up.. My grandmother bought the old Zaepffel house on elm back in 1950 It came fully furnished. Including a beautiful old steinway piano. Many fond memorys from the old house growing up..
What a wonderful story! I have always been curious about the lives of those who visited Woodside & surrounding area in the summer. It sounds like a wonderful time & I am so happy that their place was rebuilt. What an idyllic childhood - free of video games & w/plenty of outdoor adventures & lovely friends. It's great that Ms. Krenz still spends time in the area.
I have a friend who lives in an old hunting house in Menlo - it was built for hunting in the marshes of the bay, & the original owner was from San Francisco. What an interesting, funky house it is, too.
Don't miss out on the discussion!
Sign up to be notified of new comments on this topic.
Post a comment
Posting an item on Town Square is simple and requires no registration. Just complete this form and hit "submit" and your topic will appear online.
Please be respectful and truthful in your postings so Town Square will continue to be a thoughtful gathering place for sharing community information
We prefer that you use your real name, but you may use any "member" name you wish.
Select your neighborhood or school community: * Not sure?
- Atherton: Lindenwood
- Atherton: Lloyden Park
- Atherton: other
- Atherton: West Atherton
- Atherton: West of Alameda
- Menlo Park: Allied Arts/Stanford Park
- Menlo Park: Belle Haven
- Menlo Park: Central Menlo Park
- Menlo Park: Downtown
- Menlo Park: Fair Oaks
- Menlo Park: Felton Gables
- Menlo Park: Linfield Oaks
- Menlo Park: Menlo Oaks
- Menlo Park: other
- Menlo Park: Park Forest
- Menlo Park: Sharon Heights
- Menlo Park: South of Seminary/Vintage Oaks
- Menlo Park: Stanford Hills
- Menlo Park: Stanford Weekend Acres
- Menlo Park: Suburban Park/Lorelei Manor/Flood Park Triangle
- Menlo Park: The Willows
- Menlo Park: University Heights
- Portola Valley: Brookside Park
- Portola Valley: Central Portola Valley
- Portola Valley: Ladera
- Portola Valley: Los Trancos Woods/Vista Verde
- Portola Valley: other
- Portola Valley: Portola Valley Ranch
- Portola Valley: Westridge
- Portola Valley: Woodside Highlands
- Woodside: Emerald Hills
- Woodside: Family Farm/Hidden Valley
- Woodside: Kings Mountain/Skyline
- Woodside: Mountain Home Road
- Woodside: other
- Woodside: Skywood/Skylonda
- Woodside: Woodside Glens
- Woodside: Woodside Heights
- Woodside: Woodside Hills
- Belle Haven Elementary
- Corte Madera School
- Encinal School
- Hillview Middle School
- James Flood Magnet School
- La Entrada School
- Las Lomitas School
- Laurel School
- Menlo-Atherton High School
- Oak Knoll School
- Ormondale School
- Willow Oaks Elementary
- Woodside High School
- Woodside School
- another community
Verification code: *
Enter the verification code exactly as shown, using capital and lowercase letters, in the multi-colored box.
I Told My Mom She's Dying
By Chandrama Anderson | 13 comments | 2,554 views
Grab a Bowl of Heaven soon in Mountain View
By Elena Kadvany | 0 comments | 1,944 views
Quick Check List for UC Applications
By John Raftrey and Lori McCormick | 0 comments | 1,294 views
Fancy Fast and Fun!
By Laura Stec | 3 comments | 984 views
“I live near Sunset”
By Stuart Soffer | 5 comments | 502 views
Home & Real Estate
Shop Menlo Park
Send News Tips
Circulation & Delivery
Palo Alto Online
Mountain View Voice
© 2014 The Almanac
All rights reserved.