Post a New Topic
Original post made
on Nov 9, 2010
Dear Portola Valley,
Do you really need to even look at the environmental ramifications?
Filling in more of the Bay is simply ludicrious. For Cargill and this Arizona Developer to suggest that dedicating 800 acres to recreation space (playing fields) and wetlands in a horse-trade to develop 636 acres of fragile ecosystem to add 12,000 homes (and more people)is not in the best interest of the Peninsula, California, the U.S. or the world. Homes and commercial space, (not to mention schools) will be built in a matter of several years, wetland restoration takes decades to come to fruition. They'll take their profit and run.
If you've read how fragile our delta system is, then you understand how fragile our baylands are, too.
Residents of PV live there because of their appreciation of nature and open space. Our Redwood City baylands, even though privately held by Cargill, need to be preserved and protected in perpetuity.
Am curious, why are Woodside and PV "looking into" the Cargill development?
Is it they just want a bit of money from the deal, and are jealous RWC gets it all?
Don't miss out on the discussion!
Sign up to be notified of new comments on this topic.
Post a comment
Posting an item on Town Square is simple and requires no registration. Just complete this form and hit "submit" and your topic will appear online.
Please be respectful and truthful in your postings so Town Square will continue to be a thoughtful gathering place for sharing community information
We prefer that you use your real name, but you may use any "member" name you wish.
Select your neighborhood or school community: * Not sure?
- Atherton: Lindenwood
- Atherton: Lloyden Park
- Atherton: other
- Atherton: West Atherton
- Atherton: West of Alameda
- Menlo Park: Allied Arts/Stanford Park
- Menlo Park: Belle Haven
- Menlo Park: Central Menlo Park
- Menlo Park: Downtown
- Menlo Park: Fair Oaks
- Menlo Park: Felton Gables
- Menlo Park: Linfield Oaks
- Menlo Park: Menlo Oaks
- Menlo Park: other
- Menlo Park: Park Forest
- Menlo Park: Sharon Heights
- Menlo Park: South of Seminary/Vintage Oaks
- Menlo Park: Stanford Hills
- Menlo Park: Stanford Weekend Acres
- Menlo Park: Suburban Park/Lorelei Manor/Flood Park Triangle
- Menlo Park: The Willows
- Menlo Park: University Heights
- Portola Valley: Brookside Park
- Portola Valley: Central Portola Valley
- Portola Valley: Ladera
- Portola Valley: Los Trancos Woods/Vista Verde
- Portola Valley: other
- Portola Valley: Portola Valley Ranch
- Portola Valley: Westridge
- Portola Valley: Woodside Highlands
- Woodside: Emerald Hills
- Woodside: Family Farm/Hidden Valley
- Woodside: Kings Mountain/Skyline
- Woodside: Mountain Home Road
- Woodside: other
- Woodside: Skywood/Skylonda
- Woodside: Woodside Glens
- Woodside: Woodside Heights
- Woodside: Woodside Hills
- Belle Haven Elementary
- Corte Madera School
- Encinal School
- Hillview Middle School
- James Flood Magnet School
- La Entrada School
- Las Lomitas School
- Laurel School
- Menlo-Atherton High School
- Oak Knoll School
- Ormondale School
- Willow Oaks Elementary
- Woodside High School
- Woodside School
- another community
Verification code: *
Enter the verification code exactly as shown, using capital and lowercase letters, in the multi-colored box.
I Told My Mom She's Dying
By Chandrama Anderson | 10 comments | 2,328 views
Grab a Bowl of Heaven soon in Mountain View
By Elena Kadvany | 0 comments | 1,528 views
Quick Check List for UC Applications
By John Raftrey and Lori McCormick | 0 comments | 934 views
Fancy Fast and Fun!
By Laura Stec | 3 comments | 840 views
“I live near Sunset”
By Stuart Soffer | 5 comments | 370 views
Home & Real Estate
Shop Menlo Park
Send News Tips
Circulation & Delivery
Palo Alto Online
Mountain View Voice
© 2014 The Almanac
All rights reserved.