Issues of concern to all of us
Original post made by Responsible Resident, Menlo Park: Park Forest, on Apr 3, 2007
1. Now that there are negotiations taking place about the Kerry project, what do you think the outcome ought to be? What do you think about transit-oriented, high density housing in downtown Menlo Park?
2. Do you believe that Menlo Park should have a government that is more participatory and involves residents and business owners in committees and task-forces to discuss issues like the annual budget, economic development, the vision of a Grand Boulevard El Camino, and other large, strategic issues? What are your thoughts about this?
3. Do you believe that we can have better government with fundamental structural changes, such as voting for a mayor separately from the other Council member candidates, or increasing the size of the Council to seven members? Should our Council have a dedicated staff member available to each Council member, as we find among state and federal legislators? Do you have any ideas for improving the operation of our municipal government?
4. Do you have any ideas for how El Camino Real can be improved? What would your vision for the entire 8000 feet of El Camino look like?
5. What are your ideas about increasing the revenue stream to help Menlo Park balance its budget while providing excellent municipal services?
6. Traffic is getting worse in our city. It would appear that there are no simple, single solutions. So what can we do about it? How can we make our city more pedestrian and bike friendly?
Palo Alto and Bay Area Election Facts and Thoughts on the Implications
By Steve Levy | 15 comments | 1,340 views