Posted by Jack Hickey, a resident of the Woodside: Emerald Hills neighborhood, on Feb 1, 2013 at 11:13 am
Note: I proposed that the Sequoia Heaalthcare District allow property tax payers to choose which charities get their tax dollars. Here is a list of applicants. Which ones do you support with your own funds?
All 2013 letters of intent
1. Peninsula Volunteer’s $80,000 Roessner House Adult Day Care program
2. Peninsula Volunteer's $100,000 meals on wheels
3. Riley’s Place $25,000 Animals Helping Children.
4. San Mateo County Medical Association Community Service Foundation $20,000 for a HEP B free education program
5. Peninsula Family Services $50,000 Redwood Club Development Center, a mental health program.
6. Peninsula Family Services $100,000 North Fair Oaks Senior Wellness program.
7. EL Centro de Libertad $100,000 adult outpatient treatment program.
8. Women’s Recovery Association $50,000 dual diagnosis behavioral health program.
9. EL Centro de Libertad $100,000 Youth Intervention Program.
10. Job Train $30,000 Single Stop health program.
11. Adolescent Counseling Services $20,000 in after-school counseling program.
12. City of San Carlos Parks and Recreation $13,000 food subsidy program.
13. Hospital Consortium of San Mateo County $30,000 fall prevention task force.
14. Boys and Girls Club of the Peninsula $100,000 support of the Triple Play program.
15. CORA is seeking $100,000 to support their mental health program.
16. Saint Anthony of Padua Dining Room $100,000
17. Peninsula Volunteers $50,000 senior wellness program at Little House.
18. Rebuilding Together Peninsula $60,000 Safe-at-home Program.
19. Adapt Foundation $15,000 Family support program.
20. Adapt Foundation $20,000 domestic violence.
21. PARCA $10,000 wellness program.
22. Society of Saint Vincent De Paul $25,000 direct assistance program.
23. Star Vista $80,000 Daybreak mental health program.
24. Star Vista $60,000 Insights program.
25. Vista Center For The Blind $16,100 Living With Diabetes program.
26. Vista Center For The Blind $16,000 Social Services Program
27. Catholic Charities $60,000 Adult Day Program
28. Inn Vision Shelter Network $100,000 Family Wellness Program
29. Peninsula Jewish Community Center $50,000 Get Up And Go Program
30. Peninsula Jewish Community Center $18,000 Pink Ribbon program
31. Said Mateo County Transit District $90,000 Volunteer Driving Program
32. Kainos $40,000 Healthy Living Program
33. Ombudsman Services $60,000
34. The Service league is asking for $ 50,000 for the Hope House project. We currently are funding at $25,000.
35. San Mateo Sheriff’s Activities League is asking for $ 30,000 for their SAL Healthy Kids program. We currently give $25,000.
36. Mission Hospice is asking for $40,000 for the Transitions program. They now get $25,000.
37. Foster City Village is asking for $6,800 to support their service delivery program. This is new.
38. MidPen Residential Services seeks $ 25,000 for a senior health and fitness program. New.
39. MidPen is also seeking $100,000 for Live It Up Health and Fitness. New.
40. CASA is seeking $50,000 to support their foster child assistance program. Last year we gave them $40,000.
41. Adaptive PE is seeking $100,000. Last year we gave them $50,000.
42. Caminar is seeking $100,000 for Bridges to Wellness. New.
43.Caminar is seeking $100,000 for nutrition team program. New.
44. Caminar is seeking $17,000 for Open Pantry. New.
45. American Heart Association is asking for $50,000 for Kids Cook with Heart program. New.
46. Center for Independence is seeking $50,000 for counseling program. New.
47. Jewish Family and Children’s Services is seeking $35,000 for their Seniors at Home Program. New.
48. 2nd Harvest is seeking $100,000 for family Harvest. Last year we gave them $90,000 for this and produce mobile program.
49. 2nd Harvest is also seeking $100,000 for Produce Mobile/ Brown Bag. See above.
50. City Of RWC Parks is seeking $48,000 for adult lifestyle program. New.
51. Vista Center for Blind is seeking $5,100 for a vision rehab program. New.
52. AFAR is seeking $ 50,000 for their scholarship program. Last year we gave them $40,000.
53. Friends for Youth is asking $30,000 for a youth wellness program. New.
54. Planned Parenthood is seeking $30,000 for reproductive services. Same amount that we gave last year.
55. RWC PAL is asking for $10,000 to support their Healthy Living program. New.
56. Self- Help for the Elderly wants $60,000 for their chronic disease management program.
57. LEMO is seeking $45,000 for a health and wellness program. New.
58. Sequoia YMCA is seeking $75,000 to expand their MEND program. We currently give them $40,000.
59. El Concillio is seeking $100,000 for their chronic disease management program. New.
60. Casa De Redwood is asking for $ 20,000 for their Better Living for Seniors program. New.
61. US Senior Vets is seeking $100,000 for their Community Outreach and claims processing program. New.
62. Self help for the Elderly is seeking $40,000 for their diabetes program. New.