Post a New Topic
Original post made
on Nov 15, 2012
Is there a possibility for some of those funds to be used to enforce the no cell phone use in the downtown area?
And to enforce stopping at stop signs. It doesn't seem like anyone respects stop lines any more--they seem to be treated by most drivers as "yield lines", at best.
How about enforcing sight triangles at corners?
Not only are many bushes interfering with lines of sight, some trees are growing in the areas where nothing above a couple feet should be allowed. These compound the dangers of motorists who don't stop where they should, endangering pedestrians, bikers, and other motorists.
The problems exist downtown and in almost every neighborhood.
Please don't park oversized vehicles like SUVs, trucks, or minivans near crosswalks. They block drivers' vision so they cannot see pedestrians, especially when they are distracted to begin with.
There are lots of speeders on Sharon Road between Alameda and Sharon Park Drive, and many on cell phones too. There is a school there and kids walking. Would like to see an antimatter laser ray to deflate the tires and a microwave radio control to apply the brakes and an RF jammer to cut off the cell phone calls of speeders. Or at least some better speed limit signs.
Don't miss out on the discussion!
Sign up to be notified of new comments on this topic.
Post a comment
Posting an item on Town Square is simple and requires no registration. Just complete this form and hit "submit" and your topic will appear online.
Please be respectful and truthful in your postings so Town Square will continue to be a thoughtful gathering place for sharing community information
We prefer that you use your real name, but you may use any "member" name you wish.
Select your neighborhood or school community: * Not sure?
- Atherton: Lindenwood
- Atherton: Lloyden Park
- Atherton: other
- Atherton: West Atherton
- Atherton: West of Alameda
- Menlo Park: Allied Arts/Stanford Park
- Menlo Park: Belle Haven
- Menlo Park: Central Menlo Park
- Menlo Park: Downtown
- Menlo Park: Fair Oaks
- Menlo Park: Felton Gables
- Menlo Park: Linfield Oaks
- Menlo Park: Menlo Oaks
- Menlo Park: other
- Menlo Park: Park Forest
- Menlo Park: Sharon Heights
- Menlo Park: South of Seminary/Vintage Oaks
- Menlo Park: Stanford Hills
- Menlo Park: Stanford Weekend Acres
- Menlo Park: Suburban Park/Lorelei Manor/Flood Park Triangle
- Menlo Park: The Willows
- Menlo Park: University Heights
- Portola Valley: Brookside Park
- Portola Valley: Central Portola Valley
- Portola Valley: Ladera
- Portola Valley: Los Trancos Woods/Vista Verde
- Portola Valley: other
- Portola Valley: Portola Valley Ranch
- Portola Valley: Westridge
- Portola Valley: Woodside Highlands
- Woodside: Emerald Hills
- Woodside: Family Farm/Hidden Valley
- Woodside: Kings Mountain/Skyline
- Woodside: Mountain Home Road
- Woodside: other
- Woodside: Skywood/Skylonda
- Woodside: Woodside Glens
- Woodside: Woodside Heights
- Woodside: Woodside Hills
- Belle Haven Elementary
- Corte Madera School
- Encinal School
- Hillview Middle School
- James Flood Magnet School
- La Entrada School
- Las Lomitas School
- Laurel School
- Menlo-Atherton High School
- Oak Knoll School
- Ormondale School
- Willow Oaks Elementary
- Woodside High School
- Woodside School
- another community
Verification code: *
Enter the verification code exactly as shown, using capital and lowercase letters, in the multi-colored box.
Teavana Palo Alto closes
By Elena Kadvany | 6 comments | 3,833 views
What Freshmen Should be Thinking About College
By John Raftrey and Lori McCormick | 17 comments | 2,777 views
Sometimes the Rules Go Out the Window
By Cheryl Bac | 5 comments | 1,841 views
Waiting on the Edge of Death
By Chandrama Anderson | 6 comments | 1,176 views
Menlo Park Playing Nicely
By Paul Bendix | 0 comments | 223 views
Home & Real Estate
Shop Menlo Park
Send News Tips
Circulation & Delivery
Palo Alto Online
Mountain View Voice
© 2015 The Almanac
All rights reserved.