Menlo Park hosts downtown fitness event

Original post made on Aug 14, 2014

Booths for more than 30 local fitness businesses lined Santa Cruz Avenue on Wednesday, Aug. 13, for the city of Menlo Park's family fitness event, one of many efforts by the city to attract more people downtown.

Read the full story here Web Link posted Thursday, August 14, 2014, 2:44 PM

+   Like this comment
Posted by Really?
a resident of Menlo Park: Allied Arts/Stanford Park
on Aug 14, 2014 at 3:39 pm

Who cares? How much tax revenue came from this event? Did restaurants see a spike in their business? How many rugs were sold? I think the City Planners of Menlo Park need to all lose their jobs. Get in the people who reinvented: RWC, Los Altos, California Ave, Burlingame and even Town and Country. Those are places that get my business and I have lived in Menlo for 20 years. Why are we celebrating below average development?

+   Like this comment
Posted by patrick
on Aug 14, 2014 at 4:03 pm

My family was there and we enjoyed it. From what I could tell most restaurants were busier than normal.

+   Like this comment
Posted by Mike
a resident of Menlo Park: Suburban Park/Lorelei Manor/Flood Park Triangle
on Aug 14, 2014 at 10:41 pm

Geez @Really? What a downer. I was there with my family and we really enjoyed it as well. I appreciate the organizers putting this together, a great way to showcase and promote local fitness related businesses. I hope this becomes an annual event!

+   Like this comment
Posted by Jim
on Aug 15, 2014 at 5:39 am

While lightly attended, this was great. Those who were there had fun and it was all about health and fitness. The lack of restaurants caused traffic to be light and the concert goest just went home at 8. Good start and a bright spot for our downtown. Well done MP

+   Like this comment
Posted by Menlo mom
a resident of Atherton: West Atherton
on Aug 15, 2014 at 10:30 am

My family happened to be eating downtown and went to the event. It was really nice and my children had a great time on the rock climbing wall.

+   Like this comment
Posted by Lisa
on Aug 15, 2014 at 1:29 pm

As a Menlo Park business owner downtown, I was really pleased to see the city get behind this event. It felt very positive. I know it takes a while to build momentum and I hope this is the start of many more positive family-friendly, business-friendly downtown festivals. Thank you!

+   Like this comment
Posted by PlayaFit
on Aug 15, 2014 at 3:29 pm

Thanks to all who participated in this event and to the City of MP for organizing it. Two things...there is a mistake on the surfboard fitness photo, as the business is actually mine "PlayaFit" (not Menlo Pilates/Yoga) and the classes are being offered at SBM Fitness in Menlo.
Secondly, I have lived in MP for 50+ yrs and quite frankly?! the City could use MORe events like this, which bring together both community and local business. Thanks again!