Post a New Topic
Original post made
on Mar 27, 2014
Say it ain't so, Shameless Joe. Joe Galligan is indeed doubling down in his effort to run unopposed for Controller. When it comes to short circuiting democracy at taxpayer expense for his own benefit, Joe Galligan is clearly the most qualified.
It appears that Joe Galligan is pioneering a new way to run for office. Never mind running a campaign to try to win votes; just let the taxpayers pay the court costs for your lawsuit and appeal to clear the ballot of any choice but yourself for elected office. Vladimir Putin could learn a thing or two from Shameless Joe.
What's next Shameless Joe? If your appeal is denied, are you going to go to the State of California Supreme Court? No doubt the taxpayers will be happy to fund you.
The State Court of Appeal just denied Galligan!
Wow, that was quick! What's the betting line on whether or not Shameless Joe goes for strike three by filing an appeal with the California Supreme Court? As a taxpayer, I can place a bet on Shameless Joe striking out and at least recoup the taxes I've already spent funding Shameless Joe's legal whiffs.
Here's an update to the story:
Don't miss out on the discussion!
Sign up to be notified of new comments on this topic.
Post a comment
Posting an item on Town Square is simple and requires no registration. Just complete this form and hit "submit" and your topic will appear online.
Please be respectful and truthful in your postings so Town Square will continue to be a thoughtful gathering place for sharing community information
We prefer that you use your real name, but you may use any "member" name you wish.
Select your neighborhood or school community: * Not sure?
- Atherton: Lindenwood
- Atherton: Lloyden Park
- Atherton: other
- Atherton: West Atherton
- Atherton: West of Alameda
- Menlo Park: Allied Arts/Stanford Park
- Menlo Park: Belle Haven
- Menlo Park: Central Menlo Park
- Menlo Park: Downtown
- Menlo Park: Fair Oaks
- Menlo Park: Felton Gables
- Menlo Park: Linfield Oaks
- Menlo Park: Menlo Oaks
- Menlo Park: other
- Menlo Park: Park Forest
- Menlo Park: Sharon Heights
- Menlo Park: South of Seminary/Vintage Oaks
- Menlo Park: Stanford Hills
- Menlo Park: Stanford Weekend Acres
- Menlo Park: Suburban Park/Lorelei Manor/Flood Park Triangle
- Menlo Park: The Willows
- Menlo Park: University Heights
- Portola Valley: Brookside Park
- Portola Valley: Central Portola Valley
- Portola Valley: Ladera
- Portola Valley: Los Trancos Woods/Vista Verde
- Portola Valley: other
- Portola Valley: Portola Valley Ranch
- Portola Valley: Westridge
- Portola Valley: Woodside Highlands
- Woodside: Emerald Hills
- Woodside: Family Farm/Hidden Valley
- Woodside: Kings Mountain/Skyline
- Woodside: Mountain Home Road
- Woodside: other
- Woodside: Skywood/Skylonda
- Woodside: Woodside Glens
- Woodside: Woodside Heights
- Woodside: Woodside Hills
- Belle Haven Elementary
- Corte Madera School
- Encinal School
- Hillview Middle School
- James Flood Magnet School
- La Entrada School
- Las Lomitas School
- Laurel School
- Menlo-Atherton High School
- Oak Knoll School
- Ormondale School
- Willow Oaks Elementary
- Woodside High School
- Woodside School
- another community
Verification code: *
Enter the verification code exactly as shown, using capital and lowercase letters, in the multi-colored box.
Cho's Los Altos finally opens
By Elena Kadvany | 25 comments | 4,841 views
College Touring Tips
By John Raftrey and Lori McCormick | 4 comments | 4,132 views
Eggs and Bacon Walk Into a Bar
By Laura Stec | 4 comments | 1,257 views
Blood on the Tracks
By Paul Bendix | 5 comments | 963 views
Gifts (that are not bought)
By Chandrama Anderson | 1 comment | 639 views
Home & Real Estate
Shop Menlo Park
Send News Tips
Circulation & Delivery
Palo Alto Online
Mountain View Voice
© 2015 The Almanac
All rights reserved.