Post a New Topic
Original post made
on Nov 6, 2013
Another case of voting in the incumbents regardless of their qualifications or track record. Way to go Redwood City with your weak voter turnout. The incumbent victory ensures another four years of same-old, same-old. The kids are the ones that suffer with this vote.
I could not disagree with Bob more! Chris Thomsen is an exceptional board member who is trying to drive change through appropriate governance. His qualifications and track record are beyond impressive. I applaud those who supported his re-election!
I agree with Laura. SUHSD is incredibly lucky to have someone of Chris Thomsen's caliber on the board.
The difference in votes between Chris Thomsen and Georgia Jack was less than 450 votes, so while we all agree Alan Sarver and Chris Thomsen won this election, we hope they understand that it was basically a tie and they do not have the support of one third of the voters. So at this point the priority of an "exceptional board member" would be understanding the issues of the vast number of voters who did not vote for them.
I wish that every victor would show some deference to the minority position that lost, but they rarely do.
Win by one vote or a thousand, elections have consequences, Slim, like those elections that raise taxes on everyone that win by just a few votes...
Don't miss out on the discussion!
Sign up to be notified of new comments on this topic.
Post a comment
Posting an item on Town Square is simple and requires no registration. Just complete this form and hit "submit" and your topic will appear online.
Please be respectful and truthful in your postings so Town Square will continue to be a thoughtful gathering place for sharing community information
We prefer that you use your real name, but you may use any "member" name you wish.
Select your neighborhood or school community: * Not sure?
- Atherton: Lindenwood
- Atherton: Lloyden Park
- Atherton: other
- Atherton: West Atherton
- Atherton: West of Alameda
- Menlo Park: Allied Arts/Stanford Park
- Menlo Park: Belle Haven
- Menlo Park: Central Menlo Park
- Menlo Park: Downtown
- Menlo Park: Fair Oaks
- Menlo Park: Felton Gables
- Menlo Park: Linfield Oaks
- Menlo Park: Menlo Oaks
- Menlo Park: other
- Menlo Park: Park Forest
- Menlo Park: Sharon Heights
- Menlo Park: South of Seminary/Vintage Oaks
- Menlo Park: Stanford Hills
- Menlo Park: Stanford Weekend Acres
- Menlo Park: Suburban Park/Lorelei Manor/Flood Park Triangle
- Menlo Park: The Willows
- Menlo Park: University Heights
- Portola Valley: Brookside Park
- Portola Valley: Central Portola Valley
- Portola Valley: Ladera
- Portola Valley: Los Trancos Woods/Vista Verde
- Portola Valley: other
- Portola Valley: Portola Valley Ranch
- Portola Valley: Westridge
- Portola Valley: Woodside Highlands
- Woodside: Emerald Hills
- Woodside: Family Farm/Hidden Valley
- Woodside: Kings Mountain/Skyline
- Woodside: Mountain Home Road
- Woodside: other
- Woodside: Skywood/Skylonda
- Woodside: Woodside Glens
- Woodside: Woodside Heights
- Woodside: Woodside Hills
- Belle Haven Elementary
- Corte Madera School
- Encinal School
- Hillview Middle School
- James Flood Magnet School
- La Entrada School
- Las Lomitas School
- Laurel School
- Menlo-Atherton High School
- Oak Knoll School
- Ormondale School
- Willow Oaks Elementary
- Woodside High School
- Woodside School
- another community
Verification code: *
Enter the verification code exactly as shown, using capital and lowercase letters, in the multi-colored box.
Freebirds Palo Alto shutters, Pieology to move in
By Elena Kadvany | 12 comments | 3,106 views
A Glimpse into local HS Suicide
By Chandrama Anderson | 6 comments | 2,151 views
Deny the 429 Univ Ave Project Appeal
By Steve Levy | 7 comments | 1,300 views
Now Playing - Your Dinner!
By Laura Stec | 0 comments | 909 views
Water War & Peace
By Paul Bendix | 1 comment | 307 views
Home & Real Estate
Shop Menlo Park
Send News Tips
Circulation & Delivery
Palo Alto Online
Mountain View Voice
© 2015 The Almanac
All rights reserved.