Theft report: A four-carat diamond-and-platinum ring and a billfold containing $1,000 in $100 bills were stolen from a La Mesa Drive home. Feb. 24.
WEST MENLO PARK
Theft report: A pink Prada purse, total value of $700, was stolen from an unlocked vehicle parked in the vicinity of Sand Hill Road. The suspect, last seen on foot heading east on Sand Hill, is a white male in his late teens or early 20s and about 5 feet tall. Feb. 19.
Auto burglary report: Someone broke into a vehicle parked in the 3000 block of Alpine Road and stole a small tool case. Feb. 20.
Commercial burglary reports:
• Someone stole tools from two locked boxes at a residential construction site on McKendry Drive. The report did not put a value on the loss. Feb. 24.
• Police arrested and booked into county jail an East Palo Alto man suspected of stealing $15 worth of food from the Safeway supermarket at 525 El Camino Real. Feb. 27.
Auto burglary reports:
• Two vehicles parked on Constitution Drive were found with passenger-side windows smashed. From one of the vehicles, someone stole a gym bag and the workout clothes inside it, a value of $235. From the other, the stolen items were a makeup bag and cosmetics, a $55 value. Feb. 25.
• Someone stole a wallet from the center console of an unlocked vehicle parked in the 1600 block of Marsh Road. The total loss of $39 included $15 in cash. Feb. 25.
• Three drills, drill bits, a reciprocating saw and an extension cord, with a total value about $1,650, were stolen from a locked chest inside a locked fence at a residential construction site on Sunset Lane. Feb. 27.
• Two bicycles were stolen from apartments on Florence Lane. A $1,300 bike had been unlocked and in parked near the front door of an apartment. The other had a value of $700 and had been locked up at the back of an apartment. Feb. 24 and 26.
• A $500 bike locked and parked in the side yard of a home on Oak Grove Avenue was stolen after someone cut the lock. Feb. 25.
• Someone made $373 in unauthorized purchases using the credit card of a resident of Santa Margarita Avenue. Feb. 22.
• A $300 unlocked bike was stolen from the backyard of a home on East Creek Drive. Feb. 24.
• Two packages of clothing, with a total value of $150, were stolen from the front doorstep of a home on White Oak Drive. Feb. 24.
• A package of LED lights worth $120 were stolen from the front porch of a residence on Woodland Drive. Feb. 26.
• An envelope containing three swatches of fabric worth $21 were stolen from the mailbox of a resident of Bay Laurel Drive. Feb. 25.
• A man cashed a forged check for $747 from a business in the 2800 block of Sand Hill Road. Feb. 24.
• Police arrested a Redwood City man on identity-theft charges in the 1000 block of Marsh Road. He was found in possession of a fraudulently obtained debit card, a cell phone, personal information about someone other than himself, and copies of tax returns and loan applications from "many other people." Feb. 25.
Hit and run with injury report: A driver stopped at the intersection of Bayfront Expressway and Marsh Road complained of pain after having been rear-ended by another driver traveling at about 15 mph. The driver of the colliding vehicle pulled over initially, but then fled the scene. Feb. 27.