Theft report: A four-carat diamond-and-platinum ring and a billfold containing $1,000 in $100 bills were stolen from a La Mesa Drive home. Feb. 24.
WEST MENLO PARK
Theft report: A pink Prada purse, total value of $700, was stolen from an unlocked vehicle parked in the vicinity of Sand Hill Road. The suspect, last seen on foot heading east on Sand Hill, is a white male in his late teens or early 20s and about 5 feet tall. Feb. 19.
Auto burglary report: Someone broke into a vehicle parked in the 3000 block of Alpine Road and stole a small tool case. Feb. 20.
Commercial burglary reports:
• Someone stole tools from two locked boxes at a residential construction site on McKendry Drive. The report did not put a value on the loss. Feb. 24.
• Police arrested and booked into county jail an East Palo Alto man suspected of stealing $15 worth of food from the Safeway supermarket at 525 El Camino Real. Feb. 27.
Auto burglary reports:
• Two vehicles parked on Constitution Drive were found with passenger-side windows smashed. From one of the vehicles, someone stole a gym bag and the workout clothes inside it, a value of $235. From the other, the stolen items were a makeup bag and cosmetics, a $55 value. Feb. 25.
• Someone stole a wallet from the center console of an unlocked vehicle parked in the 1600 block of Marsh Road. The total loss of $39 included $15 in cash. Feb. 25.
• Three drills, drill bits, a reciprocating saw and an extension cord, with a total value about $1,650, were stolen from a locked chest inside a locked fence at a residential construction site on Sunset Lane. Feb. 27.
• Two bicycles were stolen from apartments on Florence Lane. A $1,300 bike had been unlocked and in parked near the front door of an apartment. The other had a value of $700 and had been locked up at the back of an apartment. Feb. 24 and 26.
• A $500 bike locked and parked in the side yard of a home on Oak Grove Avenue was stolen after someone cut the lock. Feb. 25.
• Someone made $373 in unauthorized purchases using the credit card of a resident of Santa Margarita Avenue. Feb. 22.
• A $300 unlocked bike was stolen from the backyard of a home on East Creek Drive. Feb. 24.
• Two packages of clothing, with a total value of $150, were stolen from the front doorstep of a home on White Oak Drive. Feb. 24.
• A package of LED lights worth $120 were stolen from the front porch of a residence on Woodland Drive. Feb. 26.
• An envelope containing three swatches of fabric worth $21 were stolen from the mailbox of a resident of Bay Laurel Drive. Feb. 25.
• A man cashed a forged check for $747 from a business in the 2800 block of Sand Hill Road. Feb. 24.
• Police arrested a Redwood City man on identity-theft charges in the 1000 block of Marsh Road. He was found in possession of a fraudulently obtained debit card, a cell phone, personal information about someone other than himself, and copies of tax returns and loan applications from "many other people." Feb. 25.
Hit and run with injury report: A driver stopped at the intersection of Bayfront Expressway and Marsh Road complained of pain after having been rear-ended by another driver traveling at about 15 mph. The driver of the colliding vehicle pulled over initially, but then fled the scene. Feb. 27.
This story contains 598 words.
If you are a paid subscriber, check to make sure you have logged in. Otherwise our system cannot recognize you as having full free access to our site.
If you are a paid print subscriber and haven't yet set up an online account, click here to get your online account activated.