Those were the days
First purchased as a summer home by Edgar Mills in 1880, this 21-room mansion was remodeled by the San Francisco banker, who subdivided and sold off much of the surrounding land in what is now downtown Menlo Park. The Noel Drive property was converted into a restaurant in the 1940s and later became the Bright Eagle antique shop. It currently houses office space. (Photo courtesy of Menlo Park Historical Association.)

© 2014 Almanac Online.
All rights reserved.