Monthly movie nights are coming to Menlo Park. The first screening will be of the 2013 movie, "Frozen," at 7:30 p.m. Friday, July 25, at the Arrillaga Recreation Center in the Civic Center at 700 Alma St.
This Menlo Park movie series, dubbed "Cinemenlo," is presented by the city's Community Services Department.
Initially, the movies were going to be shown outdoors at Fremont Park. However, so many events are held there that the city wanted to give the park and its neighbors a break, according to Jim Cogan, economic development manager of Menlo Park.
The other screenings are:
● "Rio 2" (2014), 7:30 p.m. Friday, Aug. 29, Arrillaga Recreation Center.
● "Monster University" (2013), 7:30 p.m. Friday, Sept. 26, Arrillaga Recreation Center.
● "Ghostbusters" (1984), 6:30 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 28, at the Menlo-Atherton High School Performing Arts Center, 555 Middlefield Road in Atherton. (Attendees are invited to dress in character and act and quote along with the move.)
● "Free Birds" (2013), 6:30 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 20, M-A Performing Arts Center.
● "Elf" (2003), 7 p.m. Friday, Dec. 19, M-A Performing Arts Center.
Go to menlopark.eventbrite.com to make reservations, which are required only for screenings at the M-A Performing Arts Center.
For more information, call the Community Services Department at 330-2200.
This story contains 238 words.
If you are a paid subscriber, check to make sure you have logged in. Otherwise our system cannot recognize you as having full free access to our site.
If you are a paid print subscriber and haven't yet set up an online account, click here to get your online account activated.