News

Fire burns small abandoned house near Atherton

A small abandoned house just north of Atherton was damaged in an electrical fire this afternoon, according to the Menlo Park Fire Protection District.

The fire on Marsh Road near Fair Oaks Avenue was reported shortly after 3:30 p.m., fire officials said.

The 800-square-foot house caught fire because of an electrical problem that brought arcing wires onto a neighbor's front lawn, fire officials said.

About 25 percent of the home burned, while the neighbor's house was undamaged, fire officials said.

— Bay City News Service

Comments

There are no comments yet. Please share yours below.

If you were a member and logged in you could track comments from this story.

Post a comment

Posting an item on Town Square is simple and requires no registration. Just complete this form and hit "submit" and your topic will appear online. Please be respectful and truthful in your postings so Town Square will continue to be a thoughtful gathering place for sharing community information and opinion. All postings are subject to our TERMS OF USE, and may be deleted if deemed inappropriate by our staff.

We prefer that you use your real name, but you may use any "member" name you wish.

Name: *

Select your neighborhood or school community: * Not sure?

Comment: *

Verification code: *
Enter the verification code exactly as shown, using capital and lowercase letters, in the multi-colored box.

*Required Fields

Services, Dining and Shopping Downtown in Palo Alto
By Steve Levy | 16 comments | 1,973 views

Handmade truffle shop now open in downtown Palo Alto
By Elena Kadvany | 2 comments | 1,581 views

The Last Grape
By Laura Stec | 11 comments | 1,129 views

A Street Fair by Any Other Name
By Paul Bendix | 2 comments | 476 views

Separate Entrances for BMR and Market Rate Apartments?
By Stuart Soffer | 0 comments | 187 views